Go with the guitar

Tucci

Just keep plugging away at the guitar. It will be much better than any software you will be able to find.

Tucci

Not if you possess very little guitar playing talent. Many great songwriters, for example, are not great musicians.

If you have great talent for lyrics and melody but medicore talent for playing an instrument, you can use software as a canvas to to bring your musical ideas to fruition (mixed metaphor, sorry).

I say concentrate on your strengths. This is where you will find your successes.

my, not 2, but 5 cents on this.

well, guitar is great, no doubt. I play several instruments, and i've gotten to the point where I can sorta pick em up and play em. I play from guitar, to bass, drums, stand up bass, piano, violin, cello, and tune the orchestra every day (sometimes it sucks to be concert master). I'm 15. I'll be truthful, guitar is great for song writing, playing too. However, unless your doing slayer unplugged (heh), or acoustics, you should mix your songs. I've found the perfect band, but its still hard to learn songs and play them. Just record on your own if you can't do the rest. ANd i'm not saying i'm great or anything, but i'm doin pretty well on guitar, can play usually most anythin i see tabbed, however Its too annoying to try and play more then one part on guitar. (JUST RECORD MULTITRACK). This didn't help at all I know, but its margionally true.

Back