global disable with line input

xander1369

Hi there....my name is xander, and i'm new to this site....I was wondering about the global disable function for cubase...up untill I found your great site, i have been recording through the mic 1/8" input on my soundcard...i noticed that you said that it is better to record via the line input, but when i do this i end up having the stuff i'm playing being mixed in with the already recorded tracks...this sounds counfusing, but let me explain how i have had things routed before....i have a mackie mixer...for arguments sake say i have drums already recorded in cubase, and i want to record guitar overtop....i play the guitar into the mixer, which is connected into the mic input..(or line now), and record in cubase...to monitor the drums come out of the headphone output on the soundcard(alone), and the signal is routed back into my mixer, combined with the guitar that i'm playing, and sent via the control room outputs to my monitor( just a guitar amp)...my probem is when i use the line input, the guitar i play is mixed with the drums on the output, and i hear the latency...the way i had it before i couldn't hear the latency due to the global disable function....the guitar was not mixed with the drums on output.....you say the line input is better due to less distortion, and a cleaner signal path...is there a way i can use the same routing and the line input with global disable to monitor my recordings as i did before.....(maybe i'm just daft, but i cant seeem to find an explicit place in cubase where i can select the input source, eg line or mic...the default seems to be mic..) thankyou in advance for your help...sorry about the confusing way in which i presented my question....xander.... xander1369@yahoo.com

Back