Giving up on MySpace

Hugo H

I'm not going to bother to try to listen to songs from MySpace anymore. Not that my critiques are in demand or anything - I just thought I'd announce my decision. The odds of hearing anything out of there seem to vary with the phase of the moon and the flip of a coin.

So my apologies to any who feel that's the place to be. I just don't need more frustration in my life. I'm not the only one who has this problem. Some folks are firewalled out the place and others, like me, just have problems with their feeds.

If I can't hear it, I can't review it.

You may want to consider using an additional site like Soundclick.
Exposure elsewhere can't hurt, you know.

I prefer Artistlaunch myself. I find Soundclick a bit of a pain cos it asks you to register before you can listen to anything there... Artistlaunch is a lot more user friendly IMHO

I can understand your objection to soundclick - although in all fairness to them I've never gotten spam or anything remotely like it because of that. I agree it's a pain.

But there's plenty of others out there. I'm still searching for the "ideal" freebie site to recommend.

Hit up bandzoogle.com and host your own music on your own website! That's what I do (now). I do only put the really good sounding stuff on the site though, and leave the ok sounding stuff on myspace...

treymonfauntre said:
i won't listen to anything on soundclick because of the registration

Not sure but I think you only have to register to download song.
You don't have to register to listen to it.

timboZ said:
Not sure but I think you only have to register to download song.
You don't have to register to listen to it.
You used to. Apparently you don't need to anymore (I just tried it).
That's very good to know. Now they're definitely number 1 on my list.

soundclick's good, myspace isn't - probably because of excessively fast growth. the best way is to get on several free sites.

maybe this'll start a trend - people thinking about how theyre marketing their bands. dunno why so many go with only one spot.

I'm on like 13 different audio sites haahhaha You REALLY need to get on tons of them. HOWEVER, myspace is still the best. Yes, it may be slow A LOT!....but there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many more people on myspace then there are on most music listening sites. It's GREAT promotion (if used correctly).

so no one here like purevolume.com huh?

i know it has its flaws, but its the cleanest free site ive found yet!

"...you hereby grant Unborn Media a world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual license...all without any obligation to you, whether by way of compensation, attribution, or otherwise..."

not very nice of them, considering. i mean, compare that to soundclick's:

"You have the right to terminate this agreement and all licenses granted to us at any time."

there's more differences. purevolume really should take a look at what the competition's doing.

Back