Given all the great advice

I love Briars voice. Did you record her voice on the BOSS? The chord change going into the chorus works perfectly. As I mentioned to you before I would like a little less effects on the guitars...but that's my personal opinion/taste.
The high-hat is a little too up-front in the mix...bring the highs down a tad to soften them up a touch.
The solo is melodic and very fitting, a few stiff/staccato notes that are a little abrupt...but I know you always put more emphasis on your chord work so all in all Wilko....Good stuff!

Thanx for sharing Wilko! :)

I liked the singer's voice.

I'd keep the doubled vocal tracks down the center. It sounds unnatural on headphones.

The clean strummed rhythm guitar part is lacking some low mid energy - like around the two octaves from 250hz - 1000hz.

The distorted guitars are, to my ear, over distorted. I'd retrack with the gain knob turned back quite a bit.

Bass could probably come up a db or two.

Keep working on the vocals. Better this time around, but still not there, IMO Seems like you centered them more, which sounds a little better. Are you using any compression on the vocals? I think there are still some transient peaks that could be tamed with compression, and it would sound better.

Keep working on the vocals. Better this time around, but still not there, IMO Seems like you centered them more, which sounds a little better. Are you using any compression on the vocals? I think there are still some transient peaks that could be tamed with compression, and it would sound better.

Good point. I haven't yet learned how to use compression yet on this new DAW. But I will and I will apply it to her vocals. But do bear in mind we record in a spare bedroom!! I ain't got a studio or nuffink! :D

I'd say this new mix sounds a bit better. The distorted guitar feels a little more subdued.

I was hearing a lot of distortion on the vocals, especially on the higher/more energetic parts (for example "way" and "going" around 0:50 and "light," "light," "way" and "way" around 2:30). Was that my headphones, the mp3, or the mix?

Back