Give it to me straight....

64 KBPS???

You gotta be kidding...right?

How are we supposed to judge the quality of the recording at 64KBPS streaming audio??

You really should only ask us to listen to one particular song at a time too man...it's just fair and otherwise it seems like SPAM...ya know?

OK...this is what I can hear...
Straight Up......

Sweet Thing...
Guitar sounds direct....not in a good way either...
kick sounds smooshed....
stick sounds good...so do the cymbals...
would be better without the lead, or at least less of it.......there's just too much going on there at times...........
needs a bass guit playing along....
Nice music man..

Wish you were here......
arrangement and choice of synth sounds are not good...
timing seems off too....
I always liked this tune....when Floyd plays it anyways...

dazed....
drums sound like they are inside a can of pringles....phased to high heaven too...
guit playing is good but, the tone is weird....slow flange?
and just like in Sweet Thing...the two guits are fighting for attention....
also needs a bass line...

Take it easy,
Joe

Thanks for your honest review Joe. This was the first time i actually posted any of my tunes, I knew they were not up to the quality of other stuff that i hear on the bb, but thought i'd swollow my pride and post em anyway...As far as the 64 kbps thing, how and what do i change that to? Sorry about posting more than one tune, after reviewing some other posted tunes, i tried to get a tune on the Nowhere Radio site but it said they were not accepting new artist's right now..Anyway thanks again for the input, I'll keep after it

Hey man....
it's all good....
you have some good music here...

as far as sites go for storing MP3s...
try...

www.soundclick.com

or...

www.iuma.com

both will work...
both are free...
both go down occasionally.....shit happens...ya know?
both have a no waiting policy.....upload and go...just no deep linking allowed...unless you pay...

Take it easy man,
Joe

Sweet Thing -- I don't have a problem with the direct guitar. I think it sounds fine. I'm not a perfectionist. However, the song kinda gets old after awhile. Do you have any old lyrics lying around? It'd be neat to hear something sung over this. Maybe a female singer?

WYWH -- I'm not digging the synth. It's like PF muzak. Over-clean and watered down. It should be dirty, open, messy, alive. The playing is fine, the recording is fine, but where's the emotion?

Dazed -- These songs are starting to same a lot alike. The guitar playing is all very similar. I wasn't even sure if I had clicked on one of the earlier songs! Variety is the spice of life. Speed it up! Sing! Push yourself.

You have the talent -- just step outside of the the same old, same old. Hope this helps.

G

Thanks G, This kind of input really helps. It is easy to get into the same old rythum, and the tunes do sound alike...Funny how you can spend hours on a tune you think is new, then go back and listen to it later and realize it's the same tune you did a few weeks before...Thanks again for listening. Oh yea, one more thing. It's impressive to me that one can tell that something was recorded "direct" as opposed to "mic'd. I guess this comes with an experienced ear. I record alot of stuff direct just because of the noise factor. I have felt that the tracks sounded a little cleaner...mabey a little to clean huh. I think i'll try comparing the two a little more.

Back