Gibson Speed Knobs diameter

FWIW, on my LP copy the upper surface of the knobs is just under an inch, about 0.98". at the bottom they're a bit wider it seems.

here's a pic.

Don't know if it helps.

Stan.

Attachments

• knobs.jpg
    knobs.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 194
I wonder why they call them speed knobs. The smaller the knob, the faster it turns.

stanjanssen said:
FWIW, on my LP copy the upper surface of the knobs is just under an inch, about 0.98". at the bottom they're a bit wider it seems.

here's a pic.

Don't know if it helps.

Stan.

thanks alot, thats exactly what i was after. i have to get these online, and i want to make sure that my bass guitar volume and tone pots are far enough apart so these can fit.

apl said:
I wonder why they call them speed knobs. The smaller the knob, the faster it turns.

The larger the knob, the more torque on the pot. Thus you can give 'em a quick whack with your pinky, they turn pretty easily--versus a Fender-style knob where you need a better grip.

mshilarious said:
The larger the knob, the more torque on the pot. Thus you can give 'em a quick whack with your pinky, they turn pretty easily--versus a Fender-style knob where you need a better grip.

Then they should call them Torque Knobs.

Sorry. It's just ticky engineering stuff.

mshilarious said:
Well as an accountant, I insist they be called $1.23 knobs!

Sorry dude, marketing always wins :rolleyes:

Yes, the world loses out because engineers are thwarted by bean counters and sales guys.

mshilarious said:
Uh, the knobs are on the guitar, aren't they :rolleyes:

Yeah, but the accountants thought they were unnecessary, and the sales guy wanted more.

61/64" at the top, and 1" at the bottom.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back