Giant

xalien

Here's a new project my friend and I started this past weekend. I've spent the past couple days tweaking it, and I think it's the best thing I've posted here yet -- but don't let that stop you from ripping on it! Let me know what you think!

CyanJaguar said:
pretty nice

funk on!

Thanks for listening. Much appreciated. It's funny, I hadn't thought of it as a "funk" song, but now that you mention it it does have a funk flavor.

I thought it was megadeth on the intro :) Sounds cool.. Is Rush a music influence? I can smell a little Lifeson in there

Cool changes. Some nice 70's influence there. Throw in some bass (there was none right?) and a good vocal and ya got a fun rocker!

JMarcomb said:
Sounds cool.. Is Rush a music influence? I can smell a little Lifeson in there
I do like Rush, and I'm flattered (probably undeservedly) by the Lifeson comparison! :D It's funny, but this one really started out when my buddy and I were jamming along with the Cake song "Short Skirt and a Long Jacket." It's an odd little song, but a fun jam.
JMarcomb said:
Throw in some bass (there was none right?) and a good vocal and ya got a fun rocker!
Yeah, we have to find a bass player. I can really tell how my current recordings feel the lack of that.

Thanks again for listening!

That rocked out !

Flesh that out and you've got a monster Dr. Frankenstein. I also felt a pang of Rush listening to this. Bass, little keyboard, and a vocal added would just be so cool. Peace, Silver

Back