ghostwriting questions

ridl

I'm somewhat interested in doing some ghostwriting for some local guys maybe. I'm wondering what people usually pay per song (or per verse or what?), and how to approach someone on the idea. We have some pretty wack cat's at school and I could crank out something of twice their skill fairly fast.

ridl said:
I'm somewhat interested in doing some ghostwriting for some local guys maybe. I'm wondering what people usually pay per song (or per verse or what?), and how to approach someone on the idea. We have some pretty wack cat's at school and I could crank out something of twice their skill fairly fast.

What people pay per song is gonna be alot different then what they're gonna give you. Keep in mind that this practice happens mostly in mainstream music, so there is mucho denero involved. This is something that you have thought of but they haven't approached you. Keep in mind they maybe wack but in their minds eye they think there dope.... So approaching them could offend them. If your that more skilled with them I would fuck around wit em and battle.... After you crush them break it in...

As far as the money.... I could give you good advice for an album or at least something that would be released, but this I would have to say just take the time it costs and figure what that time is worth to you. So if it takes you 2 hours to write and entire song, how much was that 2 hours of your life wasted - worth

The Womb

I'd have to know their style and how they write and how long their songs are to write for them honestly. I don't think it'll work for me 'cause I don't think anyone in town has much of a reputation to hold--if you're wack everyone knows and doesn't tell you unless they want to, if you're ill, no one needs to tell you.

Back