ghosts are not alone

It draws you in. Unusual juxtaposition of sounds (choral, symphonic, electronica, rap). I have to say I liked the chorus better than the rap part. During the rap, it felt like the kick drums were fighting your rap delivery. Like the phrasing of the rap wasn't locked in with the kick drums. The kick was very prominent. Just my reaction.

I hope you'll take a moment to listen and comment on other tracks. The MP3 Clinic has been lively lately because we've been making the effort to reciprocate--we post a track for comments, we give comments to others.

Pretty cool tune, sounds like you built it from scratch without a lot of samples, nice work!

I wonder if it might help the song if you change the levels a bit so the tracks fit together a little better. Seems like it'll be tricky because the drums sound real and the MIDI instruments sound manufactured, so they kind of don't get along well.

On second listen, maybe the levels aren't even that far off, it's just the instruments vary so much in quality they don't seem to fit together. I'd try some processing on them, maybe put some reverb on them so feel a little more united? Strings at least will sound better with reverb I think, that usually helps my string samples when they sound false.

The vocal needs a little commitment - sounds like a slightly animated reading.
Otherwise not too bad.
Bottom end could use a pump up.

On second listen, maybe the levels aren't even that far off, it's just the instruments vary so much in quality they don't seem to fit together. I'd try some processing on them, maybe put some reverb on them so feel a little more united? Strings at least will sound better with reverb I think, that usually helps my string samples when they sound false.

yea sometimes i try to add instruments that are too diff from each other and it doesn't always work.

I liked the song, but I wish it was longer. It reminds me of something that could be on Beck's Mellow Gold.

Mixing wise I think the vocals sounds a touch too upfront...but nothing bad about it....maybe that was your intention.

Back