GForce M-tron

sonis_youth

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I'll ask anyway. I just saw a demo video on the M-audio site of the GForce M-tron software. It really want to use it for my recordings, but I've got no idea what I need for it. I guess it has something to do with midi, but I never used it. So I guess I need some sort of keyboard and a midi port. Can someone tell me what I need? Thanks

If its software purely for midi, or if you want to use midi for it, then you will need a controller first. If you have a keyboard, synth or anything which has midi ports, that will do. Next you need to have cables which transfer the data from the controller to the computer, so depending on what you already have, you will need to invest in some midi cables. If you have a soundcard which has midi in and out on it, then you will only have to pay a little to get the basic cables, if you dont have that, then you will need to get a midi interface to allow you to record your midi. Try looking at this one:

http://www.dv247.com/invt/9263

That runs from your pc via USB and then you simply connect to your keyboard via midi cables.

Thats all you will need for a basic set up with midi and that programme.

Hope that helps,

Good luck!!

Chris

And if I get a midi keyboard like the M-audio Radium or something like that, that connects through usb, would I be able just to hook it up to my combuter with a usb cable, play it and send the sound through the outs of my soundcard?

Back