Getting rid of silence

MaKettle

What's the trick for cutting off silent time at the end of a clip or song? I've noticed on a few things I've done there are a few extra seconds of silence at the end of the mixdown track. I want to get rid of it, but I haven't been able to find anything in the manual that addresses this problem.

Thanks

Put the curser where you want to make a cut, right click, select split, highlight the silent part you want to eliminate and hit delete and it's gone.

Don't you also have to "apply trimming" afterwards to make it permanent? Otherwise I think it's just slip edited.

Maybe just an expansion on the previous reply:

- put your arrow cursor in the clip pane above the music tracks
- highlight the clips (numbers) you want to delete
- click the specific track number from which you want to make the deletion - the portion you want to delete should now be highlighted only in the track you chose
- click Edit, Delete
- in the Delete dialog box that appears, make sure there's a check in Events In Track
- click OK

The portion you highlighted should be gone.

As dachay2tnr pointed out, don't forget to select "Apply trimming" or the data is still there.

Thanks for the responses. I think "apply trimming" is the step I've been missing. I'm not at my music computer to try it, but I'll see if that does the trick.

Back