Getting rid of noisy space on tracks.

mgiles7

Hi,

I am recording on a Korg D16 digital Multi-track thingy. :)
I was wondering if anyone knew any tricks of the trade on how to get rid of annoying empty noise. I don't think there is a specific function on my system to do it, but I thought maybe there is a certain recording/Mastering trick to do it. Any help would be appreiated. Thanks!

Matt

On my digital HD I just punch in silence or Cut out silence. Doesn't the D16 have automation? drop the faders or mute the tracks during silent parts.

JR#97,

Hey, I am still pretty new to this recording thing so I might need some clarification as to what you mean by Automation. I suppose I could drop the fader or use the mute buttons while bouncing tracks or something, but I thought there might be an easier way. Thanks for the tip! :)

Matt

Check your manual to see if you have automation, and if you do, then read up on it. Find out how to automate mutes.

Darth

Set your IN locator to the beginning of the portion you want to silence. Set your OUT locator to the end of the space. Use the Scrubber to set exact points. Then use the Edit Track, Erase Track # function. ( Not Delete - Erase ) I do this on a D8 to get silence at the beginning of a song. ( Erase 1-8 - or in your case 1-16, I suppose ) Just be sure to have the track # set correctly and to have the IN/OUT set correctly ( i.e. not on any of your music. ) If you screw it up, use the UNDO button.

Works like a charm.

Back