getting new sounds from instruments

herbycanopy

Aloha! I am having problems getting my Organ to have a sound that is close to the sound I am looking for. I am using Kontakt 4 for my base for the organ, and I am trying to get it to sound like the organ at the start of the video below.

An ideas as what could be done to give the organ that same eerie rumble of the notes? Also if you listen to the lower notes that start around 45 seconds in you can here a "vibrato" to them. Or do you know a plugin what would be better to use?

No that's coolieo if you want to answer him I may be going to bed soon, gotta big weekend with a music festival.
Besides I never post higher than the year that we are currently in see you in January.

:cool:

No that's coolieo if you want to answer him I may be going to bed soon, gotta big weekend with a music festival.
Besides I never post higher than the year that we are currently in see you in January.

:cool:

You do know it's not 2018 don't ya MS? :laughings:

There's different types of organs. You might say that there are 1) Hammond B3's, which are the classic 60's organ that sounds good and fat 2) crappy 60's organs like Farfisa that sound cheezy but are good in some songs, and 3) church or pipe organs.

I hope you are starting out with a church or pipe organ sound and not one of the first two or you probably won't get close. You need a fair amount of reverb to make it sound right too because the rooms they're in are usually that way.

To me it sounds like the low sounds you mention are actually another patch altogether more along the lines of an analog synth like Oberheim made.

[video=youtube;S88rkpPu8_g&feature]video[/video]

Back