Getting Better? Let me know.......

jet-rocker

This is a another attempt at a song I posted several months ago.

I re-did the song based on the feedback I got here, and with mostly new recording equipment and technique.

Let me know whats left to fix. I clipped the vox a tad in the first 30 seconds, and the a/d converters in my soundcard suck, (I need one with digital i/0)

Is the bass too soft? I monitor with Point Sevens which are somewhat bass compromised.

Let me know what is left to fix. The comments on the previous mix were very helpful.

The file is at

http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Jimmy_Danger_and_the_Suck_Ass_Songs/

It is called Radish Dancer (Revised). The original mix is directly underneath for anyone interested in comparing the two.

That harmonica in the new version was great....vocal(s) also had a much better sound...cleaner recording....yeah, bass could still come up for my ears, but this is a cool re-do....gibs

This is tough 'cause I got used to hearing the original. I might prefer it out of familiarity-- it's hard to be objective.

Things I prefer in the first one:

* whacked-out flanged acoustic
* the guitar and keys blending in the "descending" parts (I really like that part)
* rhythm guitar on 2 and 4 kinda fills a hole where a snare would normally be
* it seems like there's more feeling in the vocs
* you're keeping better time

Things I prefer in the new one:

* Out of tune piano and harmonica are a nice touch
* Lyrics are easier to make out

Everything's "cleaner" in the new version, but the old one feels more "cohesive" for lack of a better description.

I enjoyed your song jet-rocker, liked the harp a lot. Hey send me some of that Blatz beer!:D Keep up the good work man...Dave

Cool music, like the guitar sounds. Vocals sound great as well. The bass could come up a bit though, that would make it killer.

Good stuff.

Your songs are far from sucking ass. Unfortunately the ones that suck ass are on the weekly top 40 count down. Back when I was in college your songs would have been played at every house party. But that may be where your songs are played now and I wouldn't know. I was listening to "When the shit hits the fans" back then. Can't wait to hear more suck ass songs.

Thanx for listening guys.

Emeric and Gibs - Yeah the bass needs to be louder. It's a nice sounding bass line too, it mirrors the piano part. I realized that it was too quiet after I had already disconnected my recorder from the computer. I haven't had the energy to remix it yet...soon.

David - Blatz beer is truly a bargain at $9.00 for a case of twenty-four. Blows miller, bud, coors, and all the other cheap beers out of the water in my IMHO. Plus you get that rusty vat taste. And with a name like Blatz.

Pglewis - Yup, I know what you mean. The first version has that written and recorded in an afternoon energy which is nearly impossible to replicate. It also shows that better equipment equals clearer sound, but not necessarily a better vibe. The moods are very different in the two. They seem like different songs to me, an I love them both like children. (well not really)

Mojka - Thanks for the compliments. I play guitar in hardcore punk band, so this stuff is something of a departure for me. A face that not as many people get to see.

Thanks again if anyone else has any comments........

-Jett Rocker

The opening seconds of the song frightened me. I didn't know where you were coming from or where you were going but I almost pulled the plug on it. The song began to make sense and had it's moments as it progressed. I thought the vocals were sounded really good. Pretty cool song as it turns out.

Ray J

Back