getting acid to recognize new plugins.

maltobello

does anyone know how to get acid to recognize new plugins? i tried copying the .dll's to my sonic foundry plugins folder, but acid (music 2.0) won't recognize them. any ideas?

thanks

Eeek, don't go copying those dlls around....

Plug-ins get registered in the registry. Then the typical apps read the list out of the Windows registry. When a new plug-in gets installed, they should appear in the list.

Did you by any chance just copy the DLLs off of another system and expect them to work by putting them somewhere?

I suppose it's possible some plug-ins might not install themselves properly... also that the check-the-registry process might not be perfect...

I know that someone had posted a way to make sure something appears in Cakewalk's list. Perhaps the same steps apply here except for the names of any Cakewalk-specific registry keys, if any...

i did run the install program...but that didn't seem to be enough for acid. good thoughts though...i tried running regsvr32 on the dll, to make sure windows knows it's there. this is my first time installing directx plugins, and i'm not sure if there's anything acid needs to become aware of them.

this got me looking around on the acid planet board...turns out my version of acid (music 2.0) doesn't support plug-ins, just the effects that sonic foundry supplies...i guess that's why acid pro costs so much.

thanks for your help

I have acid 2.0 and have no problem with my plugins. I find them for example at www.directxfiles.com or something install them and presto! their in the list.
Do you have soundforge also? I do and that is where I use my plugs mostly, I only use acid to cut and paste and mixdown.
I was thinking mayby it works to have both for the plugs to install properly?

P Hallin, SPINSTERWUN,

ACID Pro 2.0 does, but not ACID Music 2.0, the cheaper version...

I believe the same situation exists with version 3... that is, ACID Pro 3.0 will support third-party DirectX plugs but ACID Music 3.0 will not.

Acid is a pain in isazzzzzzzzz when it comes to plugins 2.0. 3.0 or pro it don't matter I've been battlin plugin problems since thier first release. But after losing all your hair you'll get it to work

If you really need that sound that the plug in provides that Acid won't recognize, check if Sound Forge recognizes it and add it to the sound wave (make sure you make a back up of the original wave file because the change is irreversible). That is one workaround.

Another is to uninstall your Acid and reinstall them again after your plug ins are installed and running. Acid normally checks the disks for any plug ins you have available before completing its install. My Acid 2.0 and 3.0 have no problems recognizing plug-ins even those by third party manufacturers.

Good Luck!

Tony A.

Back