Get Ready To Laugh!

boydrj

This probably isn't the forum for posting something so ridiculously outrageous, but I'm going to anyway because, dammit, we all need to just laugh sometimes! I recently found a tape that I made when I was 11 of some songs that a friend of mine and I recorded.

When I listened to this, I laughed because it is totally "Outsiders" music quality. Not quite as good as The Shaggs, but close.

Anyway, I posted two songs under the "Comedy" catagory. When I was 11, my "Band" was called The Tigers.

The two songs are Lawnmower, and The Long Ranger Part 1...I will post Part 2 soon (The continuing story) ...

Have fun!

www.nowhereradio.com/theinside/singles

Yo man...

I listened to "lawnmower".....
I think the harmony vox needs a bit of EQ adjustment....on the low side dude....Guitar is Killer....are the claps real or synth?
Hard to tell...ya know?
That ambient door slam is phenomenal!!!!!
Lyrics are stellar.....reminds me of the poetic brilliance of Jim Morrison...I really liked the part at 1:45 with the tempo change...very cool dude...you ought to shop this one...
Nashville I think....ya know?
..Oy-Vay!:D

damn...lawnmower is pretty damn cool..

i like that "come on lawnmower...come on lawn mower..where you goin...you almost hit my baby there"...some real soul on that part.

pretty good melody attempts for 11 year olds..honestly...

You really drove in the "lawnmooooooooooor" hook too. Nice work...

As far as the mix goes, the guitar should have been miked in stereo...and, I would like to hear those vocals with a little compression...but, it works as is ;)

HOLY F@#K!!!

This is the funniest, coolest shit I ever heard!! I was choking on Lawnmower!!!! Yeah...the hook!

Way cooler than anything I did at 11. Its awesome you still have it around, man! Were you guys making it up as you went or did you plan it all out??

heylow

LONG ranger!!!!!:D :eek: This one is Doorsy at the end for sure: "Aww I shoot you again.....The long ranger's dead, yes he is."

Man,

heylow

Your response is too kind!

Wow, I have gotten better response on this than anything I have ever done as an adult! I have a whole tape of this stuff that I am putting on CD, so if anybody would like a copy just send me a personal E-mail and I'll see about getting that out to ya! The entire tape was recorded in two sessions at my house while my parents were in the living room. My friend Jose Garcia and I made up these songs on the spot, absolutely no planning!

Okay, now to respond to some of you.

joro -- Very funny comments! Thanks for your listen. This is all organic (no synths!) The original tape was one of those cheap concert tapes they used to sell in the 70's and 80's, and the thing was recorded on a little GE Tape Recorder with a little 'mic' speaker.

Cyan -- Thanks for your listen! Don't know where that line came from ...

Sal -- Between you and Cyan, we'll have all the lyrics posted here eventually ... Thanks for your listen! Maybe I should post in the Songwriter's forum...it might cause a stir!

Wes -- Thanks! Wow, stereo ... now there's a concept. This thing was recorded on such a cheap old little tape recorder, on such cheap tape, I am surprised that it hasn't deteriorated yet. Thanks man!

Heylow -- Glad you enjoyed it! All stream of consciousness stuff, absolutely nothing planned. We just decided to "Be" a "Band" and went for it. Jose played guitar, while I thumped the bass and sang my ass right off, as Weslie Willis might say.

Thanks all...

p.s. -- I saved her with a magic kiss because the lawnmower was coming ...

whats the lyric

"come on lawnmower once you bite...its gonna be the greatest one!"

the kind of chanty part?

I am definitely getting that CD

I'm DEFINATELY getting this CD ;) First time I heard it I damn near fell out of my chair laughing! (A good laugh, not a pathetic laugh)

Instantly made me want to dig out old tapes of 'stories' I made when I was about 8. Not music, but 'audio books' that I did in the past to send to my best friend who had moved far far away from me.

I think I am going to see if I can find them!

W.

Long Ranger What Can We Do!

Thanks again!

Wes480 -- Thanks for the listen. The lyric you are thinking of is "Come on Lawnmower you want to fight? It's gonna be the greatest one you saw ..." Crazy stuff! If you want the entire CD, send me an e-mail (if you haven't already) and I'll ship one out to you as soon as I can.

Waldo -- Thanks! It's good to dig up those old tapes. Sometimes you'll find a gem. Send me an e-mail for your own personal copy of The Tigers Greatest Hits!

Coming Soon to Nowhere Radio: The Long Ranger Part 2 -- Look for it and hear the Long Ranger get resurrected from the dead!

Thanks All!

Lone Ranger...
"But the poor horse..."

Kudos! I agree w/ everyone else's comments...I can't stop laughing...

Let's all dig out our oldest recordings -- c'mon, you know you still have them!

One of my fondest memories is recording w/my younger brother when I was ten. I 'tuned' our older brother's Yamaha acoustic and my little brother started shouting and clapping like a crowd of screaming fans. We still joke about it. Sad? Yes, but so fucking funny.

"...you almost hit my baby!"

Hey...I don't mean to ruin the mood in this thread or anything...

But I just want to make sure that Jose Garcia is going to be compensated as well, from the CD saes...? He is entitled to half of the songwriting royalties and depending on the agreement he may own half of the publishing rights, I assume you secured the rights to the masters, since they were done in your studio and all.

And also that he will be taken care of/and or collaborated with on any future Tigers Anthology projects?

Just wanted to clear this up before I purchase. Becuase I am all about fair artist compensation.

-Wes

Royalties

Oh man, this CD is going to make me rich!

But seriously, if I knew where Jose was I would definitely send him a cut of the action! He definitely gets songwriting credit and that is him singing the backup vocals on Lawnmower and you can hear him on The Long Ranger as well ...

No worries, though, I'm letting this CD go dirt cheap! I'll just send it to ya if you want it...(oh no, I hope I didn't just open a can of worms .. my wife will kill me ...) I can't see really making money off of this, it is just too funny!

By the way, the guitar and bass that were used on these recordings belonged to my Dad ... I should give him a cut of the action too since he supplied the instruments ...

Of course, if there are any A&R people out there that want to sign an old, defunct band called The Tigers, send me a ring ... This stuff could be worthy of Dr. Demento! lol!

Back