General opinions on this track

Perfect pop, perfect video. What's not to like? How did I end up with a gerbil? How, indeed. World class. Too good for this place, but thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that.

Very good tune. When Dobro said perfect pop, I was forced to listen. :)

Your vocals are fine, but it seems it struggles where you are singing them. I also think, from a production POV, cause it is pop, I think you could put more vocals with it, harmonies, da, da, daaa's, or like, "No soul to sell" background pitched up and slightly delayed from the main and squeezed in to finish at the same time? Just spit balling.

I like the song, the comments are not critiques just ideas on pushing the song up. Even if you tell me to piss off, good song. You could pull this back and really have some fun with it.

It's not me and it's not my recording. It's an online acquaintance and was going to pass on constructive criticism should there be any. Thanks for listening.

I like it. I think the vocals need some more intensity in they’re delivery. Maybe a few tequilas and a few more takes would help liven it up. Cool tune
Guy

I’m gonna be the bad guy here. Ain’t digging the vocal at all. If I was producing it I’d get a different singer and/or redo the melodies. Seems a bit lacking..... kind of monotone.

Also, it takes too long to get to the chorus for being a pop song.

“Don’t bore us, get to the chorus”.
Mike Campbell

Music is cool, I like that aspect of the tune.

Sorry.

I’m gonna be the bad guy here. Ain’t digging the vocal at all. If I was producing it I’d get a different singer and/or redo the melodies. Seems a bit lacking..... kind of monotone.

Mike Campbell

Sorry.
Yep. Agree with both of those points. Thank you for listening and chiming in. ;)

Late entry, but...
Fun song.
Earworm capable.
But...
Vocal is tantalizing but inaccurate. I want it to be on point but it disappoints.
This is not to say that the lyrics are lacking (maybe somewhat repetitive) but that's OK.
I listened to it yesterday and it earwormed. That's a good thing.
:-)

Mike Campbell

Sorry.

Don't apologize for how something lands in your mind, in fact, trust your first impressions is usually the way to go. So, if you were producer, the song would be different? Always true. So, what kind of singer would you bring in to do this better?

Also, imagine you weren't the producer, if this was the band that hired you to mix this one, would the mix have turned out differently?

Don't apologize for how something lands in your mind, in fact, trust your first impressions is usually the way to go. So, if you were producer, the song would be different? Always true. So, what kind of singer would you bring in to do this better?

Also, imagine you weren't the producer, if this was the band that hired you to mix this one, would the mix have turned out differently?

‘If’ I was the producer, I’d be walking a fine line. Do I offend the vocalist by firing him??? Or do I work with him or her to bring out the best in them.
Hmm might not go over so well. It might go over better with coaching, and bringing along some sugar cubes rather than salt.

But it’s a tough call. Not knowing the band, the personalities, the band’s vision for the song. It’s all just speculation on my part.

Knowing the band and the players gives a lot of insight into what they’re capable of as well as the personalities involved.

This is a luxury I don’t have here. I just heard a track and gave an opinion on what I thought of it.

There’s a certain amount of bias on my end too. I initially assumed that this was a Porterhouse track, and he and I have some similar musical tastes. This song definitely didn’t fit into those tastes. Hitting play I was expecting something a bit different from what I heard.

Now if I was just mixing it , it would probably come out very similar to what was presented. You gotta work with what’s there.

As far as being unapologetic.....

Well, I don’t like speaking ill of someone else’s music, but I just didn’t dig this one.

Knowing what you like and what you don't is one of those beginnings of integrity. The alternative is to applaud when the person next to you starts clapping.

A cool Pop tune. Well executed all the way around. I love the drums. The guitar lead is up my alley. Well done

The alternative is to applaud when the person next to you starts clapping.
Can’t do that 8-)

Anyway, I’m all done....said my piece. I’ve fulfilled the OP’s request as outlined in the first post.

I thought everything but the vocal sounded pretty good.

The vocal was quite pitchy. Not much power to it. No pop vocal instinct - not punching notes where necessary. A doubled vocal would work well on a song like this.

Back