Gear over each other

ches1

Hi,
Is there any kind of equipment that you must NOT put over each other ?

I'm asking this because i wanna put my Delta1010 right over my C300 compressor and I fear it might fuck up the soundcard and I really don't want to try and see it by myself....

thanks,
Peace.

90% of the time, you aren't going to have any particular issues.

You probably don't want to put sensitive gear over something like a power soak or something with a large electrical field around it (such as a power amp or a large power conditioner), but with a bunch of line-level or preamp units, it's not going to be a problem.

That said, you certainly don't want to be building up a lot of heat. THAT said, it's not like the gear you're talking about generates a lot of heat...

You probably don't want to put sensitive gear over something like a power soak or something with a large electrical field around it (such as a power amp or a large power conditioner), but with a bunch of line-level or preamp units, it's not going to be a problem.

That said, you certainly don't want to be building up a lot of heat. THAT said, it's not like the gear you're talking about generates a lot of heat...

Ideally, you usually don't want to put anything above a power amp because they usually have thermal vents on the top to breathe. My rule is that if it has vents, don't block the vents. Beyond that, though, I'd generally assume that gear designed for a rack is... well... designed for a rack... and not worry about it. :D

Back