Garritan Personal Orchestra with Cubase LE 4

nimpo46

Hello everyone,

I have Cubase LE 4 (came with my Presonus Inspire). I also have the latest version of GPO, I used my student discount for it and got it at just about 60% off!

Anyway, when I load the VSTi into Cubase LE 4, I have to create an instrument track. As far as I am aware, there is no where else to load the VSTi.

I am not sure how to send each sample (viola for example) to a channel, and then run that channel from the VSTi track?

On the Garritan website, it says to create a MIDI track and then send the VSTi to each MIDI Channel, but I can't do this as the loading of VSTi's is different in LE 4.

My computer has fantastic specs, great CPU, and loads of RAM.

I could just create a separate track for each sample (viola, trombone, clarinet for example), but after about the third track, for some reason when I go to load the sample, GPO basically crashes (where I can't choose the instrument sample I want to load, my mouse runs over the options, but they are unelectable or disappear etc)...

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Is it bad that I should need to load so many separate GPO tracks? Should I be able to load all the samples within one Instrument Track and then send each sample to a channel?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have contacted GPO directly, but they are taking a while to write back...

Have a look here what Cubase LE 4 can do
http://www.steinbergusers.com/cubase/Cubase4CompChart.pdf

You have to select your sound in the inspector of your instrument track, looks like you can only use the stripped down Halion one.

You always have to create an instrument track for each instruments, because instrument tracks per definition can only handle one sound.

Upgrade to Cubase essential and than you have 16 VST instrument slots, now you have none.

Cheers.

Wim

Back