G&L Update

Top Jimmy

I just wanted to say how happy I am with G&L Guitars even though I dont even have my axe yet. I order it about four weeks ago and at the time the dealer told me it would take about three weeks to get here. Well that didnt happen. Yesterday I get a call at my office directly from a G&L marketing rep to explain the delay! Apparently the Duncan TBA pickup is out of stock and they are waiting for a new shipment before building my guitar. Now that was service. I'm a little upset that I have to wait for four more weeks but for the company to call the customer directly was nice. The guitar will be well worth the wait. The rep told me he owns 8 G&L's himself and he personally looked at my order and commented on how cool the guitar I ordered would be.

FOUR MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend just traded his PRS for a new
G&L ASAT and a G&L Strat. He went to Buffalo
Bros. and went thru all their guitars. You are going to really enjoy yours once you get it!
They are two of the sweetest guitars I have seen. Rock Onward!!!

Ya know, I have been playin a Fender American strat(candy apple with a matching head stock!). I love it but my heart tends to make me wonder a bit about another guitar. I played a strat style G&L(dont know what model) and liked the fact that it was very lively in my hands with amplification, it was very resonate and alive I have been considering geting one or a ASAT, any other thoughts?

Reco;

Go to the G&L website and take the factory tour. Its pretty cool how these things are still made by hand. Check out the models and the availible options. That might help you decide.

Press G&L for free shipping, or a discount. Tell 'em you were anticipating a big gig, and it was really inconvenient. If nothing else, they'll overnight it at no extra cost (but then again, what's two less days when you've been waiting two months!?)

No matter how prestigous a company is, they are obligated to deliver on time. Remind them of this, especially since they originally quoted you a time frame (as opposed to saying 6-8 week bullshit).

I'll probably try to get the dealer to throw in some extra sets of strings or something. It's not the dealers fault, more like Seymore Duncans or G&L. The dealer who owns the local music store where I ordered it from actually played at my wedding 9 years ago with his band. So I dont plan on being a big prick about the whole thing. It will be worth the wait.

G&L's are awesome good choice. I have a G&L ASAT for the last five years, I played for every gig and recording session, never let me down. I like it better than my Fender Tele ;) I hope, you'll enjoy your new axe.
www.mp3.com/burak

G & L basses are also great. I own an sb-2 and I'm very pleased. I was considering either the G & L or a fender, but the craftmanship is better and the tone blows away the fender. If i would have got the fender I would have swapped pick-ups in it the same day. The G&L is perfect as-is.

G & L basses are also great. I own an sb-2 and I'm very pleased. I was considering either the G & L or a fender, but the craftmanship is better and the tone blows away the fender. If i would have got the fender I would have swapped pick-ups in it the same day. The G&L is perfect as-is.

Back