FX3 Soundstage

auburncatfish

I've been using soundstage for a good bit as reverb for my vocals. I'm running into mixed results in the MP3 clinic though. It might just be my excessive use of it, which I admit to. But does anyone else feel strongly about what soundstage brings to the table? Or use it wisely?

Since I'm a cheapass, I get most my reverb from the built in Cakewalk effects. Are there better built in reverbs?

The Anwida SoftDX Reverb Light is free and very good for artificial reverb sounds.

About the FX3 plugin: I admit: it's tempting to make really freaky rooms with insane microphone settings, but the key to success is to use is it sparsely (as with every plugin) and as 'close to reality' as possible. Unless you're going for freaked out sound, which is cool sometimes too of course. I'm using it mainly to put the midi instruments 'in the same room' as my other instruments and vocals (using Livesynth Pro and soundfonts).

Someone posted a site with very useful information about reverbs some posts ago. Everything you have to know is in there...

...Yeah, Catfish, FX 3 rocks in bundled category !!! BTW, if you like freebies Plugins, go here... . You'll find many freebies plugins to download.
;)

First off,I've never heard a software effect that I liked as much as hardware.B-u-t...when you consider the convenience and ability to use multiple instances and automation software definitly has an advantage.
I've tried a lot of the freebies but I've got to say soundstage is the best of the lot.I've been told Waves has a pretty good reverb but that it's a resource hog.

My problem with reverb is the more I listen to it the more immune my ears become to it.Before you know it I'm putting canyon presets on vocals.
I think you just have to train your ears not to get fooled by overuse and make an effort to make your tracks"drier"the FX3 is not a bad reverb.

Like a fool, I read the review, now my Space-and-Reverb lust is flaring up again.:cool:
This sounds very interesting.
At first I was confusing it with sampling or impulse verb, which I guess it is not. Does anyone know what the nature of the reflections are. Except for the dampening eq, are they diffused echos or does that depend on the 'room' type?
One other question please. If you can only process one or two objects at a time, I assume you can just print the first ones, then do the next set of signals, placing them as well on the 'stage' your building?
Wayne

You can always open up another instance of it depending on your CPU if you don't feel like printing the effects.

Back