fuzz on Cool Edit Pro

tarandkorn

I have Cool Edit Pro and Sound Forge 4.5. When I record with Cool Edit Pro I have a whole lot of fuzz and pops and other noises. but when I record with Sound Forge 4.5 I don't have all the fuzz. I want multitrack recording and Sound Forge doesn't do that(at least not that I know of). Could someone help me with this? thanx

In Cool Edit are you recording directly to the multitrack environment?....If you are, try recording as a straight .wav and drop into the multitrack later..

if I record it directly I can't get the multitracking. I need that. I need to listen to the other files while I record and I can't do that if I drop them in it later. But even if I record it on Cool Edit Pro like that, I still get fuzz. on Sound Forge I don't.

I know this is just a temporary fix, but you'll definitely enjoy it. Download the free beta of Sonic Foundry's Vegas Pro.

Have to tried Syntrillium's website? Look in the FAQ's for the proper buffer settings and all that jazz... Sounds to me like you just need to adjust your settings.
http://www.syntrillium.com

I use CEP all the time. CEP recomends that you not use Creative Labs cards. If you are using creative labs cards, you are out of luck. It is better to go to a computer show and buy a cheap Kurzweil, or generic card. Cool Edit Pro just does not like the whole sound blaster thing. I used to have that problem. What I did was get a MiniDisk Recorder, and dumped the tracks I wanted to listen to to that, but a cheap sound card would be easier. You could get one at a show for about 15-25$.

Back