Funky The Clown (Playtime's Over) - Rock, Doom, Experimental

That sounds pretty cool. Really foreboding, and I dug the intro with the carnival sequence going haywire. It set the mood perfectly.

Too bad you don't have a movie to put this in. It would be a perfect opening for some slasher type of film!

Yeah this is really cool. It kinda goes in a bunch of different directions. The balance is excellent. Sweeping sounds from left to right..nice.

Love it! The Ominous vibe sounds great in the beginning like a early Black Sabbath vibe ...nice crunch, the sounds are perfectly placed in the stereo spread, great guitar. Love the kinda funky guitar at 3:40 then cool wah. Great sounds man, well done!

Yeah definitely the Type o negative Black Sabbath vibe. Sounds really good, musically interesting. Nice choice of sounds and effects. Kick ass funky wah thing at the end rounds it off nicely. Great job

Great stuff man! The drums need some work to me - that to me would lift this song to another level. They need some more grit, reprogramming, humanizing and more room mic/ambience in the mix. Drum mixing is not easy I know but it would make a huge difference to me. Other that than, its all there, man. Love the guitar and effects in this. Great panning and pan automation too. Hope this helps.

Great stuff man! The drums need some work to me - that to me would lift this song to another level. They need some more grit, reprogramming, humanizing and more room mic/ambience in the mix. Drum mixing is not easy I know but it would make a huge difference to me. Other that than, its all there, man. Love the guitar and effects in this. Great panning and pan automation too. Hope this helps.
Thanks for listening. Those are my thoughts also - I‘ve always struggled with mixing drums. Glad to have someone highlight that as I can give it more attention.

Back