Funky-ish Rock-ish Song

tourettes5139

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=2795

Well, there it is. I'm gonna add real drums and vocals, as well as a solo later, but I only had an hour to do this, and I'm happy with it. I mainly did it for songwriting purposes. We'll rerecord it later.

The drums are straight up MIDI with Cubase's drums, but turned out ok. Guitar was done with the Vox Brian May amp, direct into the MOTU, because I'm in a dorm room, and it was midnight. I think I had too much gain on the guitar, next time I'll turn it down much more. Bass went into a Fender Rumble 100, and then into the interface.

Go check it out. Now. Or else. Or else what? Exactly

I think it has a cool, jazzy vibe to it. Drums sound good for midi. Way better than a machine. Nice playing. I like the funk it has. Tone fits the vibe of the tune. Bass could maybe have a bit more of a punch for this song. It sounds good, but a bit od an attack might fit realy good.
Nice tune man.
Ed

Cool riffing man, I like the fuzzy tone... sounds cool as an instrumental, but might get in the way of the vocals a bit, so maybe you could use that less distortion or just EQ it some.
Overall the track has a good funky groove, I like.
Look forward to hearing this with some real drums/vocals, I was suprised too, those MIDI drums don't sound bad at all.
Cool track man ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the listens. After listening to it again, I think you guys are right, I need to bring the gain WAYYY down. I love this Brian May amp, because you can have almost no gain at all, but it is sill nice and crunchy, just how I like it. I think that will improve it a lot, and, as was mentioned, leave more room for the vocals when they get put in.

Thanks for the listens, keep em coming!!

This has a real cool groove to it!Maybe a bit to much drive during the riff...but sounds cool during the changes...bass sounds real cool,would even like to hear it up a bit more in the mix.Sounds real cool for just a rough draft,I bet it will be awesome in its finished form...alot of potential!I had to grab my guitar and jam along :) !

Back