Funk Song - Groove Me

lynx

Hi, I haven't posted anything in years and years. I play in a 70's funk band and thought I'd try my hand in the funk style.

Thanks for any feedback,

Keith

Attachments

• Groove Me.mp3
    4.3 MB · Views: 17
Like it. Everything blends and meshes together real well. Lots of ear candy and funkadelic sounds. My only nit is how the vocals seem to sit apart from the rest of the mix. Maybe more compression, distortion on them...

Very cool track, love the drums and bass. Really nice high end cymbal sound. Did you record those cymbals or is it a program?

The lead vocal might sound better if you cut around 500hz, there's some low mid murky-ness listening here. They could use some top/presence also, over 8k.

Other than maybe improving the lead vocal, everything sounds great.

Really enjoyed the listen!

Very cool song. I really liked it. Nice arrangement. Very well played.

I agree with the comments you got so far. Vocals seem a little cloudy and sort of "in a different spot" from the rest of the mix.

The drums are super wide. On headphones I have cymbals bouncing back and forth all song long.

I like the tone on the guitar on the right side.

I like the little dohickey's going on all over the place.

The bass is fairly muddy, boomy, and indistinct. We'll played but the thing is dominating the mix too much.

Good to see you back.

Bulls Hit - Thx man, vocals are always my hardest thing to mix, I'll try a few things

PDP - Thx, the cymbals are just a patch I have on my keyboard that I edited, took the snare out. Comments noted, thanks for the suggestions and listen!

3M - There's a name I remember - listened to your "What I Want" track the other day, still a classic!. I intentionally widened this song because I thought it would be cool but I can see it can be distracting, I'll reduce it and see what I can do with the vox. Nice to hear from ya man!

Back