Fulltone

k bucks

Hey ya'll,

Being a lowly working musician, I must warn anyone purchasing a Fulltone to not cross Mike Fuller. He is very sensitive, so be ready to kiss his ass if you are looking to get any help and also be prepared for a barrage of alarming threats to your well being. No joke. He's definitely all bark and seems to get off on "rocking people" (his words) with what he claims is a superior intellect. It is also clear that he enjoys this reputation and is keen on maintaining it. If you enjoy email sparring than this is your guy. It was actually rather entertaining except for the threats, which freaked me out. It's a shame, because the pedal was real nice and I know he's laughing his way to the bank. But, I can't find any reason to support a business that espouses this hateful outlook. Real bad vibes, if you will. Not looking for replies just sharing an unfortunate experience with a very strange person. Although, if he visits this forum, his response will probably include words like "little boy" and referring to himself as "the brain." I must admit, that part is pretty funny, though.

K

Hey,

He did not steal anything from me. I don't think so anyway. I guess I'm reacting more to the customer service and general attitude. I never said he stole anything from me. He's just an asshole. That seems fair.

Kevin

notCardio said:
Guess what I'm going to ask?

Go ahead, guess.

Right.

What happened to the SG?

:D

Cardio, actually it's still sitting here. My sister ended up buying her boys some child size guitars that they bash away on. I play it every now and then so it doesn't feel neglected. Do you still want it?

I bought a Brooklyn OD and found it to be very noisy, can't record with it. Not bad live but not as good as some of my others. My kids got it.

TravisinFlorida said:
Cardio, actually it's still sitting here. My sister ended up buying her boys some child size guitars that they bash away on. I play it every now and then so it doesn't feel neglected. Do you still want it?

Are you insane?

Hell, yes!

PM me.

I might have to clear my box out first (and we all know how painful that can be :rolleyes: )

TravisinFlorida said:
Care to elaborate? Who'd he steal the ocd from?

I haven't seen the circuit for that one, nor have I researched it much. But I have heard the pedal and nothing hit me as special. It was just another pedal.

Outlaws said:
I haven't seen the circuit for that one, nor have I researched it much. But I have heard the pedal and nothing hit me as special. It was just another pedal.

What do you mean by nothing special?

Pming, you cardio.

TravisinFlorida said:
What do you mean by nothing special?

Pming, you cardio.

It sounded like a pedal. I like pedals, but nothing hit me as it being the creme de la creme...as people on various boards have touted.

Outlaws said:
It sounded like a pedal. I like pedals, but nothing hit me as it being the creme de la creme...as people on various boards have touted.

Well, it is a pedal. :D I still don't know what you mean. It's intended to be used as a transparent overdrive. It didn't do that for you?

k bucks said:
...also be prepared for a barrage of alarming threats to your well being. No joke. He's definitely all bark and seems to get off on "rocking people" (his words) with what he claims is a superior intellect. It is also clear that he enjoys this reputation and is keen on maintaining it.
Sounds like somebody that'd piss their pants, and run the other direction, if they were ever confronted with somebody that was not only NOT intimidated by his bullshit, but was also willing and able to back up their promises of what could happen to HIS physical well being if he didn't stop with his bullshit. People like him are funny to watch.

Matt

k bucks said:
Hey ya'll,

Being a lowly working musician, I must warn anyone purchasing a Fulltone to not cross Mike Fuller. He is very sensitive, so be ready to kiss his ass if you are looking to get any help and also be prepared for a barrage of alarming threats to your well being. No joke. He's definitely all bark and seems to get off on "rocking people" (his words) with what he claims is a superior intellect. It is also clear that he enjoys this reputation and is keen on maintaining it. If you enjoy email sparring than this is your guy. It was actually rather entertaining except for the threats, which freaked me out. It's a shame, because the pedal was real nice and I know he's laughing his way to the bank. But, I can't find any reason to support a business that espouses this hateful outlook. Real bad vibes, if you will. Not looking for replies just sharing an unfortunate experience with a very strange person. Although, if he visits this forum, his response will probably include words like "little boy" and referring to himself as "the brain." I must admit, that part is pretty funny, though.

K
Bizarre.

Don't suppose you might provide an example of these "exchanges"?

cellardweller said:
Bizarre.

Don't suppose you might provide an example of these "exchanges"?

yeah, all we've read was how bad he is you didn't say what happened that resulted in your needing customer service. I know of people who have bought Fulltone pedals used and he has done work on them and sometimes free. I know one guy who didn't like the volume boost on his Supa-Trem and he fixed it for free The mod is included on newer versions to adjust volume).

Back