FULL SONG -I need a way to tell this rapper he sucks

TWProductions

I had this rapper from Toronto hop on one of my beats and I personally think he sucks. He keeps asking me what I think..any professionals encounter this problem? what is a good way of telling him whats up? Take a listen for yourself..maybe it isn't even is bad as I think.....feed on my mix/master job would be dope too.

Heres the link if you want to hear it...otherwise I need some professional advice.
Fadeaway ft. Northface by TW Productions on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks HR :D

I hear what you're saying, but I unfortunately don't have any advice on how to handle it, sorry bro.

This is a good track that deserves comparable lyrics.

i actually have to do this a lot; i just tell them something along the lines of "i like the style you're going for but it needs more emotion even though you're trying to keep it mellow it needs to have a more powerful delivery"; mix in very light, vague compliments like "i like the the style you're going for" but then give them the real deal like "it needs more emotion". keep it real but don't be harsh.

(and notice how i didn't say "you need more emotion", but said "it needs more emotion"; it turns it into you critiquing the delivery and not the rapper directly, so refer to the aspects you're critiquing as if they are separate entities and not the rapper himself [seems to soften the blow a bit]
also, if you really feel a rapper isn't that great, even telling him straight up "i don't like it; go away" isn't going to affect you that much. don't get me wrong, it's great to have relationships with artists but if you don't plan on working with him ever again, if you don't straight up tell him that it's bad, he's gonna keep trying to get at you. so unless you think keeping a good relationship with this particular artist will affect any work you might get in the future then don't worry about it that much...i mean really though, what's the worst he can do if he takes it the wrong way? blog about how you hated his songs? don't even stress it man)

Well, I don't listen to enough rap to feel I could make a good suggestion, and besides, I must be too old to know what "I had this rapper from Toronto hop on one of my beats" means.

as a professional.. hmmm professional what? as a recording engineer.... you shouldn't have an opinion on the lyrical abilities of the client . .. as long as you can provide a hi quality recorded project you can speak to just that... "it sounds hot" ... i can make it sound hot b/c of the effects, etc... you can speak positively on the production quality... u should start out all jobs with a blanket statment that sorta subtracts you out of the "am i good" conversation...
me ? i dont do too much recording of other people for THIS VERY REASON..but when i did record.. i told people up front.. i dont have opinions of their music.. i DONT like what i record .. period! its part of my focus
------------
ok let the controversy begin.... MITTUHL PHINGAZ UP by BreadWinnaz dem VaBoYz

Back