"Full Circle"

B.Mitchell

Hello everyone...I used to be on this forum lots back in the early 2000's ...its been a while lol here is a new song i just finished recording.. it was written recorded and preformed by me..gear used.. Tascam US 1641 audio interface
Epiphone Les Paul
VOX VT 50 guitar amp
Yamaha RGX 200 bass
Ddrum dominion ash drums mic'd with a pair of Shure pg81's for overheads
Sennheiser e602 in the kick & a homemade subkick made from a 6" Pioneer stereo speaker
all sm 57's on the snare & toms..
Audio Technica at2020 for vocals..I ran that mic through a TC Helicon
voicelive2 because of the great sounding preamp it has..

Check it out..Hope you enjoy..all comments appreciated (good or bad)loll

MP3 Player SoundClick

This really kicks ass. You doing everything on this? I'm jea-ea-ea-lous. :D

Seriously, really tight and well played/sung/performed/produced. :cool:

Yeah, this sounds really well produced to me. Lead guitars have a particularly sick sound to them. I thought maybe some of the cymbals sounded a little harsh or overly hyped in some way maybe, but really, this is pretty slick. Would not sound out of place on the radio at all.

Really great song. I think the title works well; caught my attention and did not disappoint. Performance is great and I like the tone of your voice. Good fit for this song.

The one nitpick I've got is the vox track has a bit of sibilance, which by itself isn't so much... but it is right at the same freq as the cymbals, so it gets exagerated. I don't have any real suggestions on fixing other than a very narrow notch on the vox in that range.

Thanks for sharing and welcome back. (What was your username before?)

I'll second what Strat said...This song kicked me in the ass. Killer tune, great performance, and a great mix.

nice work...Chillis right about that sibilance, Im getting it too

good voice though, the whole thing sounds pro

Yeah, there is a bit of sibilance, but it may be more that the vocals are a bit to prominent in the mix. The hh seems a bit hot as well. I assume you have a separate track for that, as the overheads seem smooth sounding. Maybe pull them both back in volume. the guitars seem right at first, but they get lost after the first chorus. I think it all sounds pretty amazing, but the energy of the song seems to get lost when the vocal harmonies come in. Just a bit overpowering for the genre. The bottom seems to fall out, even though the vocals are awesome.

I'm still a fan. Getting a new tattoo now! :)

Yeah, there is a bit of sibilance, but it may be more that the vocals are a bit to prominent in the mix. The hh seems a bit hot as well. I assume you have a separate track for that, as the overheads seem smooth sounding. Maybe pull them both back in volume. the guitars seem right at first, but they get lost after the first chorus. I think it all sounds pretty amazing, but the energy of the song seems to get lost when the vocal harmonies come in. Just a bit overpowering for the genre. The bottom seems to fall out, even though the vocals are awesome.

I'm still a fan. Getting a new tattoo now! :)

Not my usual type of thing, but this is really good. Great energy and the opening riff and tone are great. I agree with Jimmy in this last post. Tweak this stuff and it'll be perfect.

Saaaweeet! Tight sound with excellent flow / performances and production! The vocals set it off just right. Very relatable title / lyrics.
Good work!

Audiowriter

Back