FS: Warm Audio WA-273 Dual Mic Pre

You could probably list it on Reverb, increase your price to cover their own and PayPal fees, and still be one of the lowest priced used models. I'm not an active buyer/seller but if you are realistic and open to offers, I've found it a good place to move stuff along.

I wonder how much the fees charged by Ebay, Reverb, etc have contributed to the prices of used gear. You have a guitar that is worth $1500. Reverb puts about 8% on it, if you use Paypal, there's another 3.5%. Someone is now asking $1670 just to break even. Then you pay 5-7% sales tax on it, and that 1500 guitar is now costing somebody about $250 more than it's worth. You decide to flip it, since you don't "bond" with it, so the cycle begins again. By now, that $1500 gets listed for about $2K, just to cover the fees you've spent and are going to spend. Two flips, and the guitar costs more than a new one. Nobody is will to take a loss on used equipment these days. The next guy sees that the same guitar just got listed for $2K, so he lists his for $2100.

I remember reading classified ads in the newspaper. It cost about $2 for 3 day listing. That's how I found my Jaguar back in the late 60s. It cost $200 used vs a new one being $300+.

I blame Reverb and Paypal for inflation! Maybe we can get congress to look into this!

I wonder how much the fees charged by Ebay, Reverb, etc have contributed to the prices of used gear. You have a guitar that is worth $1500. Reverb puts about 8% on it, if you use Paypal, there's another 3.5%. Someone is now asking $1670 just to break even. Then you pay 5-7% sales tax on it, and that 1500 guitar is now costing somebody about $250 more than it's worth. You decide to flip it, since you don't "bond" with it, so the cycle begins again. By now, that $1500 gets listed for about $2K, just to cover the fees you've spent and are going to spend. Two flips, and the guitar costs more than a new one. Nobody is will to take a loss on used equipment these days. The next guy sees that the same guitar just got listed for $2K, so he lists his for $2100.

I remember reading classified ads in the newspaper. It cost about $2 for 3 day listing. That's how I found my Jaguar back in the late 60s. It cost $200 used vs a new one being $300+.

I blame Reverb and Paypal for inflation! Maybe we can get congress to look into this!
Well Said kind sir

Back