FS: Recording Consoles, Digital Effects - Tascam M3700, Studiomaster, TC Electronic

Yeah, newbs bumping old threads because they pop up on their google searches.

You should probably start a new thread to sell your new items so they show up in the title.

Hey Brian....so after you sold off the TASCAM and Studiomaster....what are you using now (I may have seen you post about it in the past, I just don't recall at the moment)...?

Miro, I moved up considerably to a shortloaded MCI JH-636 which I *completely* re-capped (not a fun or cheap job lol) and have been refurbishing. It's sounding great. I actually just uninstalled it from my studio (got sick of owning a pro studio, decided to go full-blown freelance!)

I still have a little work left to do on the MCI and then it will be going up for sale this winter too, along with, lamentably, my prized JH-110 8-track machine which I also COMPLETELY re-capped and overhauled...ah...it sounds absolutely superb, I will miss it when it's gone! I'll also be selling an 88-key Rhodes suitcase piano which I'm currently servicing. Too bad my favorite vintage goodies are too damn big to store hehe!

In the meantime I'm downsizing my equipment collection quite a bit, that's why I have the RME AD-8 DS and Alesis HD24 up for sale currently.

Ahhh...yes, I remember now. I thought it was you with the MCI...I had considered one several months back, and I think you posted some comments about the MCI consoles.

Right now I'm looking for something to replace my TASCAM M-3500 (same as you with the 3700)...and it's hard to find the right console, at the right price, and somewhat locally, so there isn't all that crazy crating/shipping involved.

There's someone not far from me selling a 36-channel Trident 24, which isn't the cream of the Trident line, but a pretty good console, and with a few mods, and a recap/rechip, it could be quite good. It's very clean (one owner)...so I'm considering it seriously, just don't know if we'll make a deal or not. The guy selling it is a middle-man for someone who inherited the console and has no clue about audio, so I'm dealing with the middleman, and it kinda slows down things and makes the owner a bit unrealistic of prices and whatnot.

Anyway...If you are considering selling your MCI....mmmmmm....I will certainly keep that on my radar, though you'll probably be way out of my current budget, but I don't know....depends on what you ask for it....and then of course, you're in WI and I'm in NY....not what I would call "local". :D

Back