FS: Peluso CEMC-6 pair w/ extras, Dynaudio BM15A studio monitors

briank

analog for the people!
FS: Dynaudio BM15A studio monitors

Dynaudio BM15A active studio monitors for sale:

Very nice condition: other than a couple scrapes on the bottom of the cabinets (obviously can't be seen when they're placed vertically as designed), they are in lovely cosmetic condition. These monitors are functionally perfect--they operate flawlessly and sound fantastic. The power cords, manuals and foam vent plugs are included in the sale as pictured.

I have greatly enjoyed these monitors and am only selling due to downsizing--they're a little too big for their new digs.

$1,600 firm and fair!

These are located in Oshkosh, WI 54901 and are available for local pickup. I can also deliver within a 100mi radius of zip 54901 for the cost of gas (Madison/Milwaukee/GB/Fox Cities areas, for example). I can meet Chicagoans halfway. Due to size/weight and missing original boxes, commercial shipping would be costly. I will accept payment either by PayPal, or major credit/debit cards in person with Square.

Please message me for questions or more info. Thanks for looking!

Pelsuo CEMC-6 stereo pair mic kit for sale:
SOLD!

Also see my other ad here for a fantastic Fender Rhodes piano.

Attachments

• 9 dynaudio inclusions.jpg
    9 dynaudio inclusions.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 8 dynaudio bottoms.jpg
    8 dynaudio bottoms.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 7 dynaudio r side.jpg
    7 dynaudio r side.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 6 dynaudio l side front.jpg
    6 dynaudio l side front.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 5 dynaudio l side back.jpg
    5 dynaudio l side back.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 4 dynaudio r side back.jpg
    4 dynaudio r side back.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 3 dynaudio backs.jpg
    3 dynaudio backs.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 2 dynaudio front r.jpg
    2 dynaudio front r.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 35
  • 1 dynaudio front l.jpg
    1 dynaudio front l.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Dynaudios are still available and I would like to update and clarify my payment and transport info on them. Here's the scoop:

The price on these monitors is $1600 local pickup with payment via credit/debit card through Square and is certainly preferable to shipping them out.

I can alternately ship them anywhere in the lower 48 USA via ups ground safely packed and fully insured for $1800 shipped and payment via PayPal.

These terms are firm and fair. Also, there isn't a profit built into that shipping price--these are bulky, expensive items and between the boxing, insurance and raw shipping costs it really does add up.

A new pair of BM15As will set you back $3400 and sound just the same. Grab this deal while you can, friends! :)

You're killing me, Brian. They are very tempting. :o

Was considering some sort of "upgrade" from my Mackie 824 monitors for awhile now....not that there's any real complaints about them, just wanted to try something a little more "upscale", and Dynaudio, ADAM and Focal monitors are the three that have always been on my list.

How old/how much work time have they seen?
What are you using in place of them?

Hey Miro! I haven't replaced them yet, but going to go in a completely different direction since I closed down the studio space and am outfitting a small bedroom with totally different needs instead. Probably something smaller and passive, might even rebuild some classic speakers. Depends what's out there once I complete the transaction on them and take care of some other things.

I believe I bought these Dyns in '06. I'm the original owner since new. I bounced between these, NS-10s, some old EVs and Technics in the studio. Used the Dyns for critical stuff since they were obviously massively better than the rest, but each speaker had its purpose and place. Oddly, my studiomate mostly used the NS-10s for reasons of familiarity so i was the primary user of the Dyns. These have always been utterly reliable for me, never skipped a beat, drivers are still great, amps are fine, always used by pros in a pro studio, no funny business, no reason to believe they won't be great for the next owner, and they're built for day in-day out use which is more than they got with me in my small-market studio, it wasn't a 24/7 place. Hate to sell but I no longer have the optimal room for them.

You're killing me, Brian. They are very tempting. :o

Was considering some sort of "upgrade" from my Mackie 824 monitors for awhile now....not that there's any real complaints about them, just wanted to try something a little more "upscale", and Dynaudio, ADAM and Focal monitors are the three that have always been on my list.

How old/how much work time have they seen?
What are you using in place of them?

Last edited:
Hate to sell but I no longer have the optimal room for them.

Yeah...that's the thing. I have a decent size space, but with my "split-room" setup, my back wall at the mix area of the space is about 12 feet from the monitors, and even the Mackie 824's with their 8" speakers can fill it up if pushed....so I'm wondering how something like the BM15As with their 10" speakers would work out my space?
I'm though that the BM15As have some great clarity to go with their bigger speaker.

Miro, what are your the overall room dimensions? How much volume are we talking?

I never got to put the Dyns side by side with the Mackies for an A/B audition, but the BM15As do have the additional LF driver real estate plus a bit more power to the LFs as compared to the Mackies, so certainly that should translate to being able to move a bit more air more efficiently.

I found them to have especially good headroom and clarity, stable image, well balanced response top to bottom with enough LF response to not *need* a sub--I had no problem monitoring kiks, bass, bottom key octaves, and tape calibration sweeps with them and feel the manufacturer's freq response specs are pretty conservative, I found them to have quite usable response well down into the 30s. I liked how they're clean and honest yet not fatiguing on those long session days--that was worth its weight in gold. I also appreciated the front-firing vents since that design offers more versatility in placement, especially with respect to the front wall. Set up properly in a suitable room, they can really throw a big, resolving soundstage, great for pan placement as well as creating FX landscapes. I could summarize my experience with them by saying they became my go-to monitors because they're one of the few speakers of any type I've ever heard or owned that never had anything about them that bugged me. For my purposes they were always "just right"....right up until I wound up with only about 120sq ft of asymmetric, under-treated plaster and hardwood to house them in, which already had a system optimized for smaller passive cabs and not bigger actives like these :facepalm: Oh well, needs must!

Yeah...that's the thing. I have a decent size space, but with my "split-room" setup, my back wall at the mix area of the space is about 12 feet from the monitors, and even the Mackie 824's with their 8" speakers can fill it up if pushed....so I'm wondering how something like the BM15As with their 10" speakers would work out my space?
I'm though that the BM15As have some great clarity to go with their bigger speaker.

I have about a 325 sq/ft total one-room space....with about 2500 cu/ft volume.
The Mackies have a lot of low-end kick, and I would never consider a sub unless I was doing Rap/HH/House.
That said, they use the passive radiators in the back, so I have to have them a couple of feet away from the front wall, but they could be further away, though not really possible, since they reside on my side-racks, so not any room left to pull them out more, but they're OK like that.

Unlike what most folks would do and fire the speakers down the long dimension, I chose to split the room into two section, though without any walls. The mixing area is well treated acoustically....though it wouldn't hear if I had a couple more bass traps, but it's not bad without them. The other part of the room has lighter treatment, mostly to cut back flutter echo issues, but otherwise it's gos some life to it, with all wood on the two opposing walls, plus there's my guitar alcove, which also has some treatment and breaks things nicely sound-wise.
I've had good comments on the warm yet not dead sonic vibe....so I think I hit upon a good balanced combination...
...but like everything, there's always room for improvement. :)

I've had some crazy thoughts of rotating my mix position to fire down the length of the space....but there's WAY to much reconfiguration involved, and I don't think I would gain much, AFA the sound quality, but I would lose a lot of the comfortable layout. It just works better for me this way..............for now. :D
Maybe I'll be motivated to reconfigure the room when I finally replace my console, like with a nice MCI desk or somethin'.....? ;)

That actually sounds like a great room, size-wise the cabs would be quite comfortable there. Given the treatment, I could support the long-wall setup too. At least that way you get a nice, wide, airy horizontal soundstage, and given the sufficient space to the back wall and a nearishfield listening position you're still in ok shape for front to back soundstage and response.

As for the MCI console, that's definitely still in the works. Been sidetracked, but shooting to get it finished up and on the market hopefully next month...the 1" 8track as well...:eek:

Good luck, hope you sell them.

I was very tempted, but the time is just a little off at the moment.... :( ....just wasn't in a position to drop another $1800 in this post-holiday period, since I already spent too much on audio related purchases in December, and had a couple of other ones already semi-committed.

Thanks Miro, yeah, wish I could have held it off until spring but had to get them outta here. I will definitely have the MCI 1" 8track up for sale by March, maybe the 1/4" 2tk too, not sure about the latter just yet. The MCI 600 console definitely going up this spring as well.

THE DYNAUDIO BM15As AND PELUSO MICS ARE NOW BOTH SOLD!!

Thanks for the looks and conversation, all!

Back