FS or Trade: Two, MOTU 1296 Interfaces

lunatic

I have two MOTU 1296's for sale. These are 12 I/O interfaces using XLR connectors that can do 96k and lower. I'm selling them for two reasons. The first reason is that at 88.2k and at 96k about 3 channels on each interface have a weird digital noise - a random clicking. You can disable these channels in your recording software and still have at least 18 channels of I/O at 88.2k and 96k. At 44.1k and 48k there are no issues at all with these boxes. So, you could have a 24 I/O system!

These do not include the PCI-424 card because, at the moment, I am thinking about keeping my 2408mkIII. I bet you can find a 424 card or even a 324 card for reasonably cheap on EBay.

However, if you want the 2408mkIII as well then we can work out a deal.

The second reason I'm selling these is that I just bought a used RADAR 24 system so these need to go. Make me an offer, trade me for some mics, pres, compressors, eqs, tell me what you got. Know that because of the quirkiness I'm not expecting market value for these and would let them go reasonably cheap.

Interested parties can reply here, PM me, or send an e-mail to brad AT evergroove DOT com.

I've bought and sold many an item here. You can even find me in the 'Good Guys' thread.

Peace,
Brad

Back