FS: One Of A Kind FORAT Roland V-Synth Used On Madonna Tour

Jinx

I have Marcus Brown's 'Angelmuse' White FORAT V-Synth that he used on Madonna's 2006 Confessions tour.
I can literally feel it's rock star mojo, this synth has been played on stage in every major stadium around the world.
This synth has not been modded other than the professional thousand dollar paint job.

Everything functions perfectly the touch screen and time trip pad have barely been used.
No sticky buttons, loose knobs or bad keys. Only a few small dings from being on the road.
It is signed on the bottom by Madonna's long-time keyboardist Marcus Brown.

This is a very special and beautiful synth and I'm bummed to have to sell it.
Asking $1,300 plus $100 shipping US or $200 shipping to Canada or UK.

Comes with print out manual, memory card and library of custom soundsets, some by Marcus Brown himself.

I'm paypal verified, I have 100% ebay profile and I'm in SF Bay, CA.

Here are some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matrixsynth/sets/72157603906350783/

Here is a Roland Article about it:

http://www.rolandus.com/community/insider/artists_articles.aspx?ArticleId=17

This must sell so make an offer if you're interested.

Last edited:
Well, impressive that the re-paint appears to be a factory job (with all control labels in contrasting black), and the starting price seems to be somewhat fair as a used SELLING price (In general, I have found used gear sells for about half it's new sale price until it gets either "vintage" or "old"), but the paint is starting to get scratched (original black was probably molded in, and thus scratches would be far less noticable), the price comparison is based on a rack-mount version (could not find any prices on the console version) and synths are bascially computers and become obsolete (read, "cheap") real fast, I don't believe any mojo can live in such a sterile environment as a synth, and the Liberace/Barry White (pun unintended) paint job is not to my taste.

Oh, and I hate Madonna.

One day left, zero bids. Tell you something? Tells me it's overpriced.

But Jinx, all your post, save one, are to shill your ebay listings or sell something- there are on-line forums and groups who expressly forbid that sort of thing. Not really contributing to the community here, are you?

I contribute plenty to this community under a different moniker.

I prefer to remain anon so I use a shill puppet.

I now offer my items privately here first before I turn to ebay as a last resort.

Thanks for your input.

That may be all true, but I wonder...

Why different user names? Really sounds like you have something to hide.

You may offer your items here before ebay'ing them, but I am not so sure about the "last resort" part- several of your post were shilling ebay items that I saw no previous post offering them here. Also, if this item is any indication, you aren't doing us any great favors with your pricing. And now 12 hours left on the auction, and still no bids.

Don't get me wrong- I don't object to you offering stuff for sale, here, and I am not a mod or owner and thus do make the rules, but I think the "different moniker" thing is cowardly. I really can not think of a good (from a community standpoint) for doing so. And go ahead- ask whatever price you want- but don't be surpised when someone calls you out on it.

I have non-cowardly reasons for keeping my professional life and private seller life separate.

I have a solid seller rep both here and on ebay.
If you have a problem with my prices MOVE ALONG, Sheesh.

Last edited:
I take some pride in doing my best, most of the time, to be an asset to any community, real or virtual, I choose to be a member of. That includes things like using my real name (or close enough) so people can know me for who I am, and being fair in business dealings with other community members. From what I see, it does not appear you feel the same way, Jinx. Pity.

alts are bannable offenses in most forums.

not sure if there is a legit reason

We use an IP check to notify us whenever two usernames log in from the same IP pretty much for this reason. Sure, it's possible you could have a legit reason, but generally we ban first and ask questions later at the boards I've worked on.

...ironically, we have very little trouble with bad deals, either. Can't imagine why...

Back