FS: MOTU 896hd

stirinthesauce

Going in a different route on my multi rig so gonna unload this 896hd. Bought from a guy in Nashville late summer/early fall of this year who used this in his home studio. Has one known flaw, channel 1 does not pass a signal. I knew this when I bought it. Hasn't been an issue since there is still 7 good preamps and for the tech savy (which I am definitely not), would probably be an easy fix. Everything else works perfect. Right now I run this with my digimax for a rock solid 15 channels. With aes in, 17 channels. Great unit, even better meters. Fantastic! Hate to sell it for that fact alone, very easy to monitor in the field without having to look at your computer screen. Great unit for someone wanting a small compact multi rig firewire interface.

Price: $565 I'll cover paypal and insured shipped fees

In great shape, as I stated, it was used in a home studio before me and I kept it in a rack for the time I have owned it. For those interested, I can email some pics.

stirinthesauce said:
Going in a different route on my multi rig so gonna unload this 896hd. Bought from a guy in Nashville late summer/early fall of this year who used this in his home studio. Has one known flaw, channel 1 does not pass a signal. I knew this when I bought it. Hasn't been an issue since there is still 7 good preamps and for the tech savy (which I am definitely not), would probably be an easy fix. Everything else works perfect. Right now I run this with my digimax for a rock solid 15 channels. With aes in, 17 channels. Great unit, even better meters. Fantastic! Hate to sell it for that fact alone, very easy to monitor in the field without having to look at your computer screen. Great unit for someone wanting a small compact multi rig firewire interface.

Does channel 1 work with a line input? If so, it's probably just a broken jack.

dgatwood said:
Does channel 1 work with a line input? If so, it's probably just a broken jack.

To tell you the truth, I haven't done much testing on it. When I bought it, I was aware of the issue and hence never attempted to use it. I've tested at home with an xlr, phantom on/off, line level, mic level, +6db level. None passed a signal. I have not tried a trs in. Problaby should try that ;) Really wasn't an issue as everything else works flawlessly. The one channel doesn't really make it or break it for us. I'm just looking to go in a new direction now. We have a 24 channel *big* rig, a smaller ultra portable 10 channel rig and wanna go with an ultraportable 24 channel rig in my 4u rack. So basically gonna go with a 1u interface w/ pre's to replace this 2u interface w/ pre's. Plus, I just like playing with new gear :)

Buy this and send it off to Black Lion for the mod. In the end you'll have a unit that will smoke a new 896HD, and for less money!

BTW, Black Lion can fix the channel input as well.

Back