FS Like New Joe Meek 3Q. Used twice - in perfect condition.

I'm going to let moresound have the first shot at it. I just found out my water heater's leaking (only 23 years old, doesn't anybody make quality stuff anymore?). If he decides to pass on it, I'll honor my offer to buy.

I'm curious, Jim. What instrument(s) do you usually put through the 3Q? In other news, I guess since NotCardio gave up his spot for moresound, I'll say that the first person to transfer funds gets it. I'll ship anywhere in the US.
I use it for vocals when I'm using a ribbon mic.
I use it mainly for the preamp and add just a touch of compression.
I never really bother with the EQ.

OK, just out of curiousity, I don't have a ribbon (not likely to have one anytime soon, either), but is it more uselful on LDC, dynamic, or does it not matter?

It does not matter.
It has Phanto, power that is switchable on/off.
Like I said earlier, it is great on Bass as a active DI to record complete with eq/compressor and the like.
You can switch the compressor in or out of the loop for simpler signal flow.
It has enough gain for dynamic or Condensers and it has good make up gain at the last knob to really get a healthy level to the computer.

I have a V3 and had large Vc1q and the V3 has the same British sound , imo.
Love these things and their sounds.

Its really a Channel Strip as I see it, having the preamp, eq, and compressor. With the Insert it gets even more versatile so you can take an out post the pre or bring something in without the pre, right?

We're using a SM7 most the time in it, which needs gain, and its fine. Also great for bass.

at that price its really worth grabbing.

Since this has gone on now for more than a week, and that I've got someone interested in it, willing to buy now. If NotC still wants it, I'll give him till noon tomorrow. If I don't see funds then, consider it sold.

Since this has gone on now for more than a week, and that I've got someone interested in it, willing to buy now. If NotC still wants it, I'll give him till noon tomorrow. If I don't see funds then, consider it sold.

Sorry, man. I've just got a lot on my plate now that would take too long to explain. I was hoping that I'd hear from moresound that he still wanted it. Feel free to sell it to whomever. If it turns out you don't have any takers, or the ones you do have fall through, I'll still do it. It would take me a week before I get the mess straightened out here, though, and I don't know where I'll be to know where to have it delivered to. Between my water heater taking a whizz in the basement, and my 85 year old mother an hour and a half away, I'm trying to be in two places at once.

Sorry, man. I've just got a lot on my plate now that would take too long to explain. I was hoping that I'd hear from moresound that he still wanted it. Feel free to sell it to whomever. If it turns out you don't have any takers, or the ones you do have fall through, I'll still do it. It would take me a week before I get the mess straightened out here, though, and I don't know where I'll be to know where to have it delivered to. Between my water heater taking a whizz in the basement, and my 85 year old mother an hour and a half away, I'm trying to be in two places at once.

No worries, man... I'm sorry I got impatient. I'll keep you in the loop as far as its status, whether it sells or not. I hope everything works out in your life, dude. Take care.

Did you sell this?

Not yet, though I have a few people who are in the running. At this point, it's open game, and the first person to transfer funds gets it. If it hasn't sold by this week's end, I'm putting it up on ebay.

No worries, man... I'm sorry I got impatient. I'll keep you in the loop as far as its status, whether it sells or not. I hope everything works out in your life, dude. Take care.

No, you weren't impatient. I'm sorry that it's looking like I flaked on you. Seems like every time I go to buy something, something major happens. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something, like quit buying more crap. It doesn't seem to stop me in time at the local guitar shops, though.

Anyway, if I get my stuff together in time, cool. If not, no problem. If I do get it, I might have you not ship it for a little bit until I find a big enough block of time that I'll be in one place. One place, I don't want it to sit too long or it might get stolen, plus the weather and all, and at home, if I'm not here to get it, my wife will, and then I'll have some 'splainin' to do. ;)

Not yet, though I have a few people who are in the running. At this point, it's open game, and the first person to transfer funds gets it. If it hasn't sold by this week's end, I'm putting it up on ebay.

I hadnt done ebay for a long time. I sold some RP5's $150 and the Ebay charge was $15 then the Paypal charge was $5 and the shipping was $14....

22%! aprx...

CL is so much easier.

Joe Meek sells well on E-Bay.
I'd suggest auctioning it with a $150 starting bid (plus postage) and giving it a 7 day run ending on a Saturday or Sunday evening.

no need for ebay i assumed nc was first, then moresound.....no need for ebay, right?
I sent a pm, I'll buy it too, if no one else wants it.

Hmm... I wonder how many people will swear that they want this thing, tell me they'll transfer funds in a matter of hours, and then drop off the earth? I think, for entertainment purposes, I'll keep this thread alive, just to see how many people will respond, and then disappear completely. :)

Hmm... I wonder how many people will swear that they want this thing, tell me they'll transfer funds in a matter of hours, and then drop off the earth? I think, for entertainment purposes, I'll keep this thread alive, just to see how many people will respond, and then disappear completely. :)

haha...well I got doing other stuff too...
I'll try to move the money into paypal now. Give me a couple months. (jus kiddin)

Sold! (finally) For as many people who showed immediate interest in this, I can't believe it took this long to sell. I'm just glad I never put it on ebay. Thanks, CoolCat. It'll ship tomorrow morning!

Back