FS: For the Drummers... Cymbal Closeout!

KineticSound

The VOICE
Attention Drummers! I'm cleaning out the cymbal bags and am letting go of some lovely cymbals...

I thought I would put this out for the community for a week before these items go to the 'bay. With no seller fees, I can offer you fine folks a lower price than if they go to auction.

I have pictures available of all of these, but will try and record some audio/video tomorrow so you can let your ears decide!

Five cymbals (or sets in some cases) are up for consideration:

1. Zildjian 14" New Beat Hi-Hats: Used, excellent condition, never left the studio. Still have the original UPC stickers on them. $170 shipped

2. Zildjian 14" Quick Beat Hi-Hats: 1980's models with small Zildjian "Turkish Cymbals" logo. These have a little patina on them from age, but sound great. No abuse, no cracks, no keyholes or chips. Bottom cymbal has four ports and no bell (uncupped). $130 shipped

3. Sabian 18" AA Mini Bell Ride: Marvelous all-around ride in excellent condition. Hard to find. On the medium-heavy side; sounds a lot like the Zildjian "ping" ride but in a smaller package with slightly less volume. I purchased it new in 2000/2001 for use on two albums; studio use only. $140 shipped

4. Sabian 16" Studio Crash with two rivets: Nice little sizzle-cymbal. This was used as a sizzle crash for jazz recording and live shows. Excellent condition; rivets were installed by Explorer's Percussion in Kansas City. $70 shipped

Saved the best for last:

5. Sabian 20" Jack DeJohnette Signature Series Encore Flat Ride with three rivets: The best jazz dry ride ever. Period. No longer made, I purchased this one new in 1996 or 1997. Three rivet cluster installed by Explorer's Percussion in Kansas City. If you're not familiar with the original Encore series, these have a textured coating that produces a dark, dry sound with a quick finish. It says "tah" no matter how hard or softly you hit it. All of these were made by hand and no two are alike. This particular cymbal has an obvous sweet spot, which is easily identifiable by my stick marks. Excellent pre-owned condition. $260 shipped

you interested in trading for anything?

Depends on the trade... would certainly trade for Franklin's, Grant's, Jackson's, etc. :laughings: Just not for more cymbals; trying to clear out the old ones.

A few pics are attached and a couple videos of the hats and ride:

Attachments

• DSC02579.JPG
    DSC02579.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02581.JPG
    DSC02581.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02582.JPG
    DSC02582.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC02585.jpg
    DSC02585.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC02587.jpg
    DSC02587.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC02588.jpg
    DSC02588.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 38
New Beats: sold

Quick Beats: sold

Just have the 18" AA Mini Bell and a 20" Zildjian Medium Ride left!

Last edited:
Back