FS-ADAT-XTs and BRC

Reel Recording

Hi. I am selling 3 adat xts, with very low hours (285,282,275) a BRC , 24 channel patch bay (RCA to 1/4) , a bunch of new tapes, and all patch cables and manuals. Everything is presently working great in my studio. $1200 for everything.

Reel Recording said:
Hi. I am selling 3 adat xts, with very low hours (285,282,275) a BRC , 24 channel patch bay (RCA to 1/4) , a bunch of new tapes, and all patch cables and manuals. Everything is presently working great in my studio. $1200 for everything.

I have a question here for general interest: not having used these units, are there meters on them that track the hourly usage, or would those figures be your own tracking?

Just curious.

On power up, you hold down a couple fof buttons, and the machine will tell you how many hours are on the machine. It's been a while, I can't remember the key strokes. It's probably in the manual though.

Raw-Tracks said:
On power up, you hold down a couple fof buttons, and the machine will tell you how many hours are on the machine. It's been a while, I can't remember the key strokes. It's probably in the manual though.

Kewl, that's a new one on me :)

Thanks

Thats what I did-set locate and stop. Those are the actual hours.

Also, what I learned, because I haven't used these that much- if you leave them on, even if you aren't using them, the hours accumulate. I actually haven't done even 1/6 of that many hours recording, and the bottom ADAT (the one at 275 hours) I've barely recorded on, as most everything I did was just transfers from my 1 " 16 track. But I always had the power on together, as all were hooked up together in a rack. I just figured this out when I checked the hours. I had figured the bottom ADAT would only have had about 10 hours!

The hours do not accumulate just leaving them on. If you have a tape in the transport and the heads are engaged, they will continue to run. I believe it is for 3 mins and then the heads will automatically disengage and the hours will stop accumulating. The time that it lists is the amount of time that the heads have been engaged whether it be recording, playback, or idling. But if you just turned an ADAT on, recorded 5 minutes, and then hit stop once and left it for 24 hours, it would only register about 8 minutes on the "head clock".

I see. So since I had all three adats on, essentially every time I engaged adat #1, the other two would engage and follow it, even if I wasn't recording on them. And the time the unit is in "engage" mode on the BRC, the hours are multiplying.

Reel Recording said:
I see. So since I had all three adats on, essentially every time I engaged adat #1, the other two would engage and follow it, even if I wasn't recording on them. And the time the unit is in "engage" mode on the BRC, the hours are multiplying.

That is correct only if you have tapes in the other 2 machines. They won't be engaged if there isn't a tape in them.

Back