Fruity Loops...

rynomig

i would like to put together a basic drum track with snare, kick and hihat...but can't figure out how to use the program fruity loops... any help?

All you do is fill in which step you want to hit on each instrument track. At least read some of the manual. ;)

In fruity loops go to "view" and bring up the browser if it's not already up. Then go to "packs" and find yourself some drums (I can't say what it will be under as we have different set ups probably. You may find some under "Fpc" or "real drum kits." Then when you find the one you want, click the track you want it to go on (if you're replaying a track that's already up), right click the snare or kick or whatever saound you want and select "Send to selected Channel" or "open in new channel if you want a new one." It's pretty easy.

And then to make the beat, but a snare it on the 2nd and 4th beat (so the 5th and 13th tiles, if you don't know that the tiles of different colors represent different beats.) And then make a kick beat the same way, just a different rythm probably. For hi-hat, you can just do 8th notes (every other tile starting with the first tile.) That's all there is to.

Good luck. If you go here: www.myspace.com/fluz that song "Man is dead" was done in fruity loops. Well the music, not the vocals.

Cult_Status02 said:
In fruity loops go to "view" and bring up the browser if it's not already up. Then go to "packs" and find yourself some drums (I can't say what it will be under as we have different set ups probably. You may find some under "Fpc" or "real drum kits." Then when you find the one you want, click the track you want it to go on (if you're replaying a track that's already up), right click the snare or kick or whatever saound you want and select "Send to selected Channel" or "open in new channel if you want a new one." It's pretty easy.

And then to make the beat, but a snare it on the 2nd and 4th beat (so the 5th and 13th tiles, if you don't know that the tiles of different colors represent different beats.) And then make a kick beat the same way, just a different rythm probably. For hi-hat, you can just do 8th notes (every other tile starting with the first tile.) That's all there is to.

Good luck. If you go here: www.myspace.com/fluz that song "Man is dead" was done in fruity loops. Well the music, not the vocals.

i should be more specific...i've tried the above, but don't get any sound, i have the audio settings set to my SB Live card, and i can get some of the techno sounds to work, but when i try to send the "real drum" sounds to a new or selected channel...i get no sound.

Back