Fruity Loops Is A Piece Of Shit

Khompewtur

*Retired*
What a fuckin waste of money. All the demos and sample it comes with sound cool but god forbid it should come with a manual to help you figure out how to use the piece of shit.

There's nothing I hate more than struggling to read a PDF while simultaneously trying to use an application.

You'd think for shelling out over a buck-fifty, they'd be kind enough to send a printed version of there WOEFULLY incomplete 'getting started' manual which btw doesn't even come close to describing how to use this as a production tool. Just describing how to use the step sequencer leaves a lot to be desired.

Fruityloops is just one of those, what catagory am I thinking of......Oh yeah "learn on your own". It took me 2 weeks to figure it out, and I have pretty much come to the conclusion, that it is useless for anything I am doing. Maybe I will make a cool loop as an intro on a song on our next cd, but that is about it.

maybe you should have tried the demo first, that would have taken time though, something you seem short of, or patience...

damn shame a great piece of soft is lost because you can't make time to read the manual...

never mind, this will only beget flame i'm sure...

Fusion2 said:

never mind, this will only beget flame i'm sure...

No doubt.

Fusion2 said:
maybe you should have tried the demo first, that would have taken time though, something you seem short of, or patience...

damn shame a great piece of soft is lost because you can't make time to read the manual...

Maybe I should revise that to a printed manual that is little more than a rehash of screen shots and buttons with no real in-depth discussion of how all the pretty lights and diodes interact with each other.

A. I tried out the demo first. It looked like a powerful tool and a respectable company that would send you a PRINTED copy of at least the woefully inadequate 'Getting Started Guide' when a customer shells out a buck-fifty.

B. Yes i am impatient, my time is too fucking valuable to waste endless hours feeling around blind on a complex piece of software while trying to preserve current recording productivity.

If I am going to be expected to lose such hours required to at least get a basic usefulness out of a product I expect tech support at said software manufacturer to bend over backwards with courtesy trying to minimize such time required.

I don't care if the Fruity Loops people programmed Jesus in a bottle, their documentation AND their tech support both SUCK ASS!

I learned more about how to use the product from posting one thread in the cave than after spending a week poring over the tech forum, emailing support, and reading that fucking JOKE the 'manual'.

Kiss my ASS Fruity Loops! I will use it today because you fuckers wouldn't give me a refund for it but when I can afford to go to a better product you bet i will!

Khompewtur said:
No doubt.

Kiss my ASS Fruity Loops! I will use it today because you fuckers wouldn't give me a refund for it but when I can afford to go to a better product you bet i will!

there is no better product, for the money, that does what it does, imho, sorry for your loss...

i'm sure you can sell it, if you have the time that is...

peace...

there is no better product, for the money, that does what it does, imho, sorry for your loss...

I have never denied that Fruity Loops is not a powerful piece of software.

Read my cave thread on the subject.

HOWEVER, there are many things that a company needs to do to be succesful. Fruity has obviously covered the technical element.

In terms of documentation and support this is one of the WORST products i've come across.

The documentation is little more than a listing of the controls and dials with no real impartation of how they are to be used and interact. Beyond that there was nothing on how to use the software to interact with other sound editors. Their tech support staff is churlish and blase toward customers who are wasting lifetimes trying to intuit how the product works.

You could give me the space shuttle, but if you don't teach me how to drive it, it's does me no good.

I spent 10 hours yesterday and today finally figuring out what needs to be done. Did tech support provide any assistance whatsoever?

NONE.

Could it have been merely 5 hours if they had a more in depth guide as to how to interact between Sonar and FL?

MAYBE.

Did FL seem like they cared?

NO.

If I can abandon this product in the future and not lose productivity I will not feel a sense of product loyalty.

If you think that one is bad Khomp never, NEVER try Logic audio.

I printed half the manual in a day and a half and never got past the 20th page...I went blind first.

Vegas lured me in easily after that hell.

How much time did you spend with the demo songs that come with it??

Each demo song that it comes with teaches different parts of the program.

Most people <generally speaking> can grasp an idea better from watching and listening to an example more then trying to read through even a written manual. I bet I learned more from 30 minutes with the demo's than 2 hours reading.

I have been using Fruity Loops for over a year now and think it is AWESOME!!

Dont give up on it..

SpaceBoy

No one gives out printed manuals anymore- its all online PDF's these days. Personally, I think thats cool- because I'd rather have 20 copies of a PDF lying around on various hard-drives than a printed book that I will loose- but that's me.

If you purchase in a retail outlet or online retail outlet you'll get a printed manual. If you purchase direct from the software manufacturer you won't get a printed manual.

The drawback to a .PDF without a printed copy is that you can't view the software and the manual at the same time.

Khompewtur said:

The drawback to a .PDF without a printed copy is that you can't view the software and the manual at the same time.

I guess that's where I'm super lucky- I've got a couple of extra cheapo computers, so I can read on one screen and "compute" on the other.

Another thing to add is that when you have a printed manual, you typically only need a few pages really for referrence. Most of the time you would end up just bookmarking a page or so.
Using the PDF you can print the ones that you need and are relevant to what you are doing, not letting everything else get in you way. Then if you feel like you are done with the sheets you can just toss them know if you need to look back you still have the PDF. Freeing up more desk real estate for extra monitors and music equipment!!

Space

Back