From a mic to in-ear?

Jouni

Hello!

Is there some nifty gadget, that in a live situation, I could place a mic of my own to drums, and get it to a in-ear monitoring set?

I posted this to drums because..
When gigging as a bassist OR a guitarist, all I need to hear is the drums. All I WANNA hear is the drums. But sadly, say, kickdrums, are almost always drowned out by some imbecil's cabinet shouting in my ear...

And preferably, I'd shunt the soundguy from between, makes it easier for him AND me. A microphone placed between the bassdrums and snare, sending straight to headset would be ideal, but I can't find that.

Jouni

Sure- the "nifty gadget" is a mic preamp. For your purposes, a cheap one would work. Consider the M-Audio Audio Buddy. Plug the mic into that, run your in-ear monitors out of the headphone jack, and if the sound guy needs it for anything, it also gives you a line out. No problem.-Richie

Mic->preamp->in-ear transmitter, allrighty..

Sennheiser has a wireless mic with a preamp in it e908 B ew or something..

But I also want to avoid the hassle of trying to find electricity somewhere in the midst of our bands measely 5 min "line-check". So, battery operation would be a plus, there are battery-powered preamps, But does anyone know a battery-powered in-ear transmitter?

Back