fret level and crown on a bound board?

notCardio

I walk the line
Is there any difference between doing it on a bound board vs an unbound board?

Do you have to do anyting special, or just be extra careful?

I've never done one anyway, but I was wondering if it would be worth attempting it myself.

You have to be careful doing the fret ends because the binding is likely much softer than the fingerboard material. And, of course, if it's an older Gibson style with the little nibs, i.e., the fret cleanly ends right at the binding, with the extension actually made from the binding, you need to consider whether the leveling should even go out that far, because then a refret will need to be ground down to the level of the nibs, or changed to the kind where the fret overhangs the binding.

You have to be careful doing the fret ends because the binding is likely much softer than the fingerboard material. And, of course, if it's an older Gibson style with the little nibs, i.e., the fret cleanly ends right at the binding, with the extension actually made from the binding, you need to consider whether the leveling should even go out that far, because then a refret will need to be ground down to the level of the nibs, or changed to the kind where the fret overhangs the binding.
The fret ends are visible through the binding.

A good set of fret files and keeping the file at an angle so that it doesn't touch the binding, work slowly and carefully. It worked for me

Back