fresh meat...

hey bro...first off, I'll give you an "amen"

telling it like it is...your recording quality severely lacks. The drums are muffled, the guiters seemed over-chorused, and the vocals sound like they're thru a radio shack mic. I figured straight to the point is what you want to hear.

However, your 'salvation' is the message you have and the songs...both top notch. I would suggest sticking around the forums here, soaking it all in like most of us here, asking questions, posting mp3's....etc., etc...and you'll get all the help/answers you might need (regarding recording...that is)

If you'd like to hear some more Christian music, I might direct you to my mp3.com site.

http://www.mp3.com/theupperroom

I agree with what MixMkr said (especially on the drums. Actually *everything* seems muffled to me)... and wanted to add that the vocals seemed to be off-key in Source of My Life. I haven't gotten to the other songs yet.

what you might do is give us a low-down on how you recorded this stuff, equipment, etc....and it will be easier to give suggestions, based on what you've got going on your end. Off the top of my head, it sounds like you're not that overly concerned with mic placement, and therefore sounds like it was recorded with a mic "just pointed at the band", kinda affect.

anywazzz...have a listen to some other peoples stuff, you'll get a feel of the decent quality many do here, speak up, and you'll be glad you did.

all recorded on fd-8. all multi tracked, 1 trk at a time.
going for a live sound on 'source lf my life'.
'He wept' is my personal favorite. 'Joy of the Lord' I think
is a good shot at a bass influenced tune. Over all,
the drums were the most difficult thing to record becuz of the inability of the fd-8 to record more than 2 trks @ once.
were you referring to over chorusing on all tunes or just 'treasures'?
thanx again for any input.

don't kick me

...I'm hearing fairly muffled drums...and some spots (is there a guitar?)yeah the guitar needs turnin up or maybe im wrong...but kinda like some spots theres the muffled kicking and vocals and anything ielse is background noise...sorta muffled all around...nice arrangement though and the vocals I would say were the best part...strong

source of my life

sorry i was gonna say that last critique was of the song source of my life in particular...I heard one of the other songs there and it sounded like the same thing was going on...muffled drums etc...keep rockin tho :D

most of this stuff was recorded and mixed using junk realistic speakers, so this might have a lot to do with what you hear.
I tried to doctor it up some when I got my roland rsm 90s speakers but at that point i didn't have the ability to remix so i just messed with eq and compression a little, (probably too much;) ) on the stereo tracks.
It also seems to me that when I stream the audio from the site in hi fi, there is a kind of high end phase issue? like a chorus effect on the high frequency stuff. maybe it's the mp3 encoding process, but I didn't hear it on the original recordings at all.
:confused: I just don't know:confused:

ps. smilies suck:D

Back