fresh-baked acoustic rock!

Ibuildmyguitars

Hey,
My band, Postscript, finally finished mixing one of our older songs, "Running Nowhere." The song started as a progression written by our bassist Alex. The rest is history... :) I play bass on this song. (I'm usually the guitarist.)
Enjoy... I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad. :)

Go to:
http://www.purevolume.com/postscriptoh
the song is "Running Nowhere"

Hey, it sounds like that mp3 has been through a washing machine. The fidelity doesn't do any favours for you. What did you record it all on/ with?

Hmm, I didn't notice anything bad about the quality. Perhaps we have low standards... :)
It was recorded mostly with a large mixing board (not ours, I don't know the brand or model) and good mikes, Audio-technica and AKG (mostly AKG). It WAS recorded in a large room (a church sanctuary), so maybe that has something to do with it.

It dioes sound washed out - distant too - maybe too mauch reverb wash over the top. It's hard to tell the crashing guitar chords from the cymbals.
This sounds like it'd be pretty good but needs either reripping to determin if the MP3 process is wrong or re mixing.
Did I hear some dud chords from the acoustic guitar?
Please reconvert & re post.

There is very little, if any, reverb. There is some on the vocals, I believe, and on the spoken part near the end (way too much there!), but there is none on any of the instruments.
I'm not sure what the problems are that have been pointed out. I don't hear them.
But thanks for the feedback.
We have a lot of other stuff to record/mix, so we probably will not get back to that song.

128kbps bitrate is the standard for .mp3s. Anything less will sound pretty rough. There are also converters that will really trash your music in the process. Look for one using a Fraunhofer compression process; some of this is available as freeware. Virtuosa Gold is a $40 powerhouse.

http://www.mp3-converter.com

Yeah, the converter trashed it. Sounds like someone was playing with a flanger. That's way overcompressing; Individual notes drop out and distort everywhere. Sounds like a good song if we could actually hear it...

Tru www.nowhereradio for hosting. You can get a free version or pay for one with direct linking capability.

Back