Freedom

Vocals are somewhat sibilant, distorted and hard to understand. Kind of a Van Morrison or George Harrison vibe which is cool. Rhythm guitars and drums are most prominent in the mix. The bass guitar is low. The sitar seems too low except at the very end. I would center the sitar too to give it some more prominence. I like the writing and perfromance.....:D:):D:)

I like both Tom Petty and the sitar, so this one works for me... :)
It does need a better recording and mix though... there's some distortion and (as mentioned above) the rhythm guitars are too prominent. It sounds like there are two chording instruments (aside from the sitar)... if so I'd drop one of them.
You might also think about some sort of break to give the composition more variety... I can see a stop-time section working well to break up the rhythm a bit.

Thanks ....I made this up on the spot and layered tracks with the Variaxe guitar. The vocal has distortion on it (I can take the vocal off) It also needs words in the chorus,there is no bass on it yet. It has a strange "vibe " that I like. Kevin www.secondhandcherry.com

Vocals are somewhat sibilant, distorted and hard to understand. Kind of a Van Morrison or George Harrison vibe which is cool. Rhythm guitars and drums are most prominent in the mix. The bass guitar is low. The sitar seems too low except at the very end. I would center the sitar too to give it some more prominence. I like the writing and perfromance.....:D:):D:)

Thanks this is like a 10 minute thing that I overdubed the Variaxe parts onto it needs words in the D-A-E part...any ideas?? I can isolate the music from my vocals to put a new vocal in . this was done on a Roland 1880 the vocal was a vsfx-2 vocal effect that was set to hot. There is no bass yet. kevin www.secondhandcherry.com

Back