"Freedom Rings" - my way of dealing with it all... expressing sadness and anger.

Teddie

"Freedom Rings" - my way of dealing with it all... expressing sadness and anger.

"Freedom Rings"
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1877/1877877.html

If you want to give me mix comments that's fine, but I'm really just trying to share this song with you good folks......

Writing this song has helped me deal with some of the immense feelings that I've been feeling after the attacks in NY, at the Pentagon 10 minutes away from me, the whole deal.

Later,
Teddie

Last edited:
Thanks Mac2 and David.

Folks the MP3 won't be available for a little while. I had to upload an updated file. There was some horrible hiss in the beginning vocals that I really needed to fix.

The link that I originally posted won't work now and the new file needs to be approved by the mp3 staff.

Since I don't know what page URL will be generated, just go here later: http://mp3.com/smartapple and "Freedom Rings" will be at the top of all the songs.

Thanks.

I loved the chorus. Shit- I loved the whole tune. Thank You.

"Our people will not hide" YUP.

You should be writing this stuff for the administration.

We all need to hear a cool tune about unity and pride without the contamination of propaganda instigating hatred of a vague or unknown target.

We all need to hear a cool tune about unity and pride without the contamination of propaganda instigating hatred of a vague or unknown target.

drstawl.
most acuteand important. This song does do that.
theron

Hey Teddie,

I hear your drum machine school, has now become a drum machine academy....Well la de da!!

Great song, very patriotic. Your songs are allways a pleasant surprise, always different from one another.

Great recording, sounds like you have lightened up on the bass a little since the old days. Better balance, good move.

Great guit. solo!!

Nice to hear you again,

GT

Thanks guys... I'm grateful for your ears.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this thread... I'm just now getting back into the swing of things... Had to pull out of some deep depression there for a bit... was hard to email people back, etc. Isolated myself for a little bit...

One of my radio friends said recently that they wanted to play "Freedom Rings" on their station, but that the Bush comments were too "in the day"... if you know what I mean... Basically they want they want to broadcast the song to uplift and help people move on a little bit, but the speech from the 11th was a little too much "in 'that' day"... I understand that. I did a new mix without the Bush clips and sent it to him.... But I did keep the "USA!" chants at the end... They'll be debuting it on the air on Friday.

Anyway, the song means a lot to me, it helped me to do it, and I'm glad it's touching some folks.

Thanks again.

I disagree with that Teddie. You should explain that the clips were vital to the song. Is the song a snapshot of what you were feeling after the incident, or is it a vehicle for others? Personally I'd have told your buddy to go to hell...this is what I felt and it conveys that message. Stand up for yourself in this. Don't cave in to the market.

you suck

You suck because you are so damned good ! My god, what a great song. Mix, what mix ? Who could pay attention to the mix when the song was so engaging and interesting to listen to. This song is awesome man. The suck comment was just to get your attention. I am seriously jealous of your talent. Keep rockin' dude and don't be depressed, we're all family and we're all in this together. With the deepest respect, Silver

Sorry I haven't commented earlier.... (too busy changing diapers and stuff) ;)

What an excellent song!
Powerful, moving, and straight from the heart.

Taking a situation of "devestation" and creating a message of "inspiration" is something that few people can do... especially in song.
You've accomplished that feat... flawlessly! :)

Stellar job my friend...

Back