Free guitar price listing?

gmiller1122

Addled but happy
Hey, all --

I've been looking for info on how much my Alvarez 5022 (serial #93234) is worth now. I bought it about 12 years ago, and my wife was curious recently of its worth (be afraid, gmiller, be very afraid...) :D

Anyhow, I'm too lazy and cheap to buy a blue book, and I have had little luck finding these for sale online. When I do, the price ranges from $100 to $600 -- not much help. I think this model was started in the late 70s and continued into the early 90s.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
G

In the Blue Book that I have the listing is as follows. The % is the condition of the guitar.

100% (new condition) $395
98% (Light wear) = $330
95% = $260
90% = $210
80% = $190
70% = $170
60% = $160

I hope that this gives you some idea of the range. I heard through the grapevine that in the next Blue Book coming out, the prices will come down on a lot of the "player" instruments and stay about the same on the "collectible" instruments. It seems that there is a real glut of guitars out there right now.

Sonic,

Thanks. That helps a lot. I'd say mine is in the 98% range. I've taken very good care of it. It's depreciated some since I bought it, but not much. I think I paid 380 or so, about 12 years ago.

I'm not looking to sell, just curious. I'll tell you, it's more beautiful looking (nice reddish-sheen) than it sounds, but I can't imagine getting rid of it. I suppose I get too attached to these things!

Thanks again,

G

Back