Free drum machine for the computer?

BehringerBoy

Hi all. I am a 14 year old bass player who is getting in home recording. I have a Behringer Eurorack 8 channel mixer, and I record using N-track. I have alot of songs that I would like to put a drum track down to, but I have no connections with people who have drums or any recording devices. I've tried Fruityloops, but that is geared to electronic music, and I feel it's not as realistic I would like tohave it sound.

you might like this

search for hotstepper a free program that uses real drum and other sounds as waves. use it to do drum tracks. then export your drum mix and import into your multitrack software.
hitsquad.com has a slew of drum software to try.
you might want to check out pcdrummer.com as well.

It's not free but.....

You could try using a stand-alone drum machine like the Alesis SR-16. I would guess that they are available used for well under $100. With the right programing, you might be able to approximate the sound you're looking for. Also, check out Drums On Demand. For about $50 you get a real drummer playing drum loops in a variety of styles, most of which are not geared to electronic music. The files are organized in a standard format, so you can create complete drum tracks using a intro, verse, chorus, fill, ending, etc. On the downside, you need software to compile the loops and I'm not sure if N-Track can handle this. You may want to post a specific question on the N-track forum.

Back