Foxboro Hot Tubs

Outlaws

Downloaded the album, 12" is on its way.

So the back of the album says it was recorded on a 8 tack 1/4". Any idea what they used? A 388? Obvious from the sound they were at the very least in a very well treated room for most of the tracking, and probably used plenty of outboard gear - but I could be wrong about the outboard gear.

It doesn't sound totally like a modern album, but it also doesn't sound...fake...they way many modern recordings do when trying to grab a older vibe. I think this album is a great testament to the sound a minimalist approach can achieve. I just want to know about about the recording process they used.

I've read they use an 8-track, but I've not been able to find out what it is, or even that it's 1/4". If it's really 1/4" and a Tascam it would be a 388. If it's a Foxtex it would be one of the following:

A-8
Model 80
R8
E8

Fostex and Tascam are the only one's to put 8-tracks on 1/4" format.

The New York Times article mentions a Tascam 8-track, but what it was or if that's the one they ended up using for the album is still unclear.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/arts/music/03pare.html?pagewanted=3

:)

myspace-bg-20080323-2.jpg

Says a 1/4" 8 track and one song was on a 4 track, which is of lesser sound quality, but still sounds great.

Notice the LP cover with a 45 sticking out. I think that might be a photoshop of the CD since is supposed to be a printed like a record, and the hole almost looks too a hair too small for a 45.

Last edited:
Chances are they dragged a tape machine into Fantasy Studios in Berkeley. That'd be my guess, although I have nothing to base it on.

Kinda cool. I'm not a Green Day fan but this is a neat project. What's also kinda neat is that this record was released on "Jingle Town Records".... Jingle Town is a neighborhood of Oakland, where in the old days, the immigrant workers would jingle their coins/money in their pockets on pay day. A little trivia in case anyone's interested :)

myspace-bg-20080323-2.jpg

Notice the LP cover with a 45 sticking out. I think that might be a photoshop of the CD since is supposed to be a printed like a record, and the hole almost looks too a hair too small for a 45.

It says "Warning: Don't play side B." :D

Back