Fostex X-12 vs. X-14

justinchannell

Hey,

I have a question about the X-12 over the X-14. I read that the X-12 has a larger flywheel. How much of a difference does that make in the recorder?

Hey Justin,
Gettin any snow over in Freemont? We've got about an inch so far here. Hey, you ever hear of a group called "The Shortliners"? Just wonderin if they were still giggin over there.

I can't answer your question about the flywheels, but I'd be willing to bet that Blue Bear could. He sometimes will make an appearance on this forum, otherwise you may have to e-mail him, or send him a PM.

bd

I'm in Fairmont... I don't know if Freemont is some kind of nickname for it, but yeah... we're getting a nice amount of snow. I may have to cancel my film festival tomorrow night. :( Also, I've never heard of that band.

Yeah it is a nickname.
I lived in New Martinsville for a while back in the 70's. I also worked in Fairmont for a while.
The Shortliners were an Acoustic Duo. The lead singer's name was Mike Parsons. He had a voice that I would have killed to have. His problem was he thought he was a star, and had an attitude from hell. I didn't figure they'd ever get out of those redneck bars out the shortline. They actually were playing a couple of my tunes last time I saw them. I saw Parsons at a keg party sometime after that but he was to drunk to talk. Oh well....time goes by.

bd

Back