Fostex RM780 Monitors

JC Lives

I am in need of some monitors and am low on cash at this time. I have the chance to pick up a used pair of Fostex RM780 monitors for $150. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and if this is an ok deal.

Never heard of them. Although Fostex makes monitors, nobody seems to buy them. Maybe you can check their website for info on this monitor, or check E-Bay & see what they sell for used.
DJ

Not slamming Fostex as a whole. I have an 8-Track Fostex digital recorder & a DAT by them..

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that I would not get any response to this post. I did check the Fostex web sit and found nothing. I also found an old auction post somewhere and the price they were sold for was 150 with 799 retail(beleive it was Digibid). I think these are fairly old and that is why I am not finding much. I would almost think that they are non-existant if not actually seeing them with my own two eyes. I guess I am going to have to see if I can arrange to try before I buy. If anyone can still come up with any info on these monitors, it would be greatly appreciated.

I finally broke down and purchased these monitors. I have only had a chance to spend a couple of hours with them and I know it will take a lot longer to get to know them, but I was able to do a remix of something I mixed down on my stereo. I was realy amased at the difference. I think these monitors will work out great once I get used to them.

They are pretty decent sounding speakers. They have a pretty descent bottom end to them and the rest of the frequencies seem to be pretty flat. Some day in the near future, I would like to find some way os posting an mp3 for all to sample. At this point, I don't have the capability. Will keep you informed.

Back